What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance-how long a wait  (Read 4054 times)

bethshar

Sundance-how long a wait
« on: August 10, 2004, 06:40:15 pm »
How long did you have to wait for your Sundance spa?  It's been 10 days - don't think I can make it to 4-6 weeks.  My dealer said he has seen spas coming in as little as 3 weeks.  I'm in NY state. :-/

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance-how long a wait
« on: August 10, 2004, 06:40:15 pm »

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
Re: Sundance-how long a wait
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2004, 08:01:16 pm »
The dealer I'm working with said it would be 3 weeks to get the one I want.  I don't think I'll make it either  :P

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 08:23:13 pm »
Ours will take about 6 weeks... ordered beginning of July and it's coming this Thursday.
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

bethshar

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 09:57:03 pm »
Can I visit you on Friday - I just can't wait! :-/

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2004, 11:33:24 am »
Mine took about six weeks.

Netnutty

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2004, 01:09:17 pm »
I'm here in CA, about 100 miles from the factory. It still took 5 weeks to get my tub.

I thought that was a lot of time, but by the time I got quotes on the electrical and the concrete (numerous concrete contractors flaked on me) and then scheduled the jobs I was running tight on time.

From reading other posts here I knew I wanted the concrete to cure a minimum of a week, and two would be better. I ended up with 13 days to cure.

Anyhow, see if any of these factors affect you also.

If not, oh well. You'll just have to suffer!  ::)

(You could be like me and have to watch the neighbor's house for two weeks while they're on vacation - they just happened to have a built-in spa  ;D

Netnutty

spaguyohio

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 01:15:48 pm »
Dont have Sundance, bought Master Spa. However, from talking to a lot of dealers its the same thing. Manufacturers can build a spa in 1-3 days, HOWEVER, they have so many models they build and others ahead of you that they simply have to schedule production. I was told 6-8 weeks, and mine came in at 4.5 weeks.

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2004, 01:25:37 pm »
In Ontario Canada, took 5 weeks and 1 day.  The longest wait ever. But well worth it.  My dealer let me in twice during his off hours for my wife and I to soak in their private room. They have a Cameo set-up in a private room for clients to wet test.

bethshar

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2004, 02:43:17 pm »
My patio is done - pavers - compacted -level where tub goes.  
My husband and friend are doing electrical tonight.  We have all the electical supplies.  Wire is already run to outside.  I suppose the current thunderstorms might deter them from working on electical tonight - but -

I'm ready for my Optima NOW.

;) :-/

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2004, 02:53:00 pm »
Dont have Sundance, bought Master Spa. However, from talking to a lot of dealers its the same thing. Manufacturers can build a spa in 1-3 days, HOWEVER, they have so many models they build and others ahead of you that they simply have to schedule production. I was told 6-8 weeks, and mine came in at 4.5 weeks.

Also it is verry cost-inaffective to ship just one spa.  Keep in mind they use semi's and have to wait untill you dealer has a "full" truck.
Congrats on the spa!
¿

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2004, 02:57:21 pm »

Also it is verry cost-inaffective to ship just one spa.  Keep in mind they use semi's and have to wait untill you dealer has a "full" truck.
Congrats on the spa!

Our dealer coordinates his hot tub sales with other dealers from Toronto east. That means that there is about one truck a week that comes from Sundance. Once the truck gets to Toronto, the tubs that are destined to Montreal and Ottawa are then sent on their way. Total time from Sundance Manufacture to my house was 10 days.

Spoke to my dealer and detailed the delivery process.  ;D

Did I say my delaer is great yet? ;)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2004, 02:58:21 pm by doodoo »

bethshar

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2004, 11:47:36 am »
Just got word that our tub is in!! They can deliver today!!!  I'll let you all know how it goes.

Two weeks and 1 day  - I guess I can't complain.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2004, 01:36:55 pm »
Also it is very cost-ineffective to ship just one spa.  Keep in mind they use semi's and have to wait until you dealer has a "full" truck.  
Congrats on the spa!

Think about this statement by huh? as you wait. Your dealer might be able to get the spa faster but I don't think after negotiating a "great price" most people would be willing to pay the astronomical cost the dealer would have to pay to get it in sooner. Your cost is directly proportional to what he pays.

Before you know it you will be relaxing in your spa, happy with your decision and your cost. Do what IonHeaven has done – get a chair and practice sitting outside where the spa goes under the stars relaxing. You will already be used to putting the time aside for it and won’t have to make time to use the spa when it gets there!

Constance

• I love my Bahia
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2004, 11:30:16 pm »
We just ordered a Bahia today--made by Sundance.  The dealer said it would take 2 to 3 wks, but the other dealer we talked to said it would be 4 to 6 weeks if we ordered.  I sure am hoping for 2 weeks!!!
Connie

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2004, 11:30:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42