What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Refurbished Jetsetter vs. Sovereign vs. Marquis Reward. Price?  (Read 2506 times)

lovedogs

Refurbished Jetsetter vs. Sovereign vs. Marquis Reward. Price?
« on: September 19, 2017, 01:57:51 pm »
Hi experts,
We are getting close(ish) to purchasing a refurbished hot springs spa from a well-respected dealer in our area. They've been excellent throughout our consideration process, and have an electrician they often work with who came to our house and gave us a quote for electrical yesterday.

The two models they currently have in our budget are a jetsetter and sovereign. I don't know what year they were manufactured (sorry!), but they both are refurbished and come with 1yr warrantee, steps, delivery, set up, cover, chemicals.

The Sovereign is $500 more than the jetsetter, but that seems reasonable given the increase in size. It will be mostly my husband and I using the tub, but it would be nice to have room for friends/family when they visit. Not a necessity, but a nice feature.

For those of you familiar with these 2 models, do you think the sovereign is worth the extra $500? We plan to wet test asap, but wondering your thoughts in the meantime.

There is another dealer nearby that has decent (but not as good) ratings, who also has refurbished models for similar pricing, but delivery,steps, cover, set up is an extra $500.

One thing this other dealer has available is a Marquis Reward. It's a good deal more expensive than either of the Hot Springs ones, but it's new (a wet model they are selling WAY below cost). It's like 75% more expensive, and over our preferred budget, but do-able. Just wondering if there's any way that the marquis is worth that much of a cost increase?

Hot Tub Forum

Refurbished Jetsetter vs. Sovereign vs. Marquis Reward. Price?
« on: September 19, 2017, 01:57:51 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Refurbished Jetsetter vs. Sovereign vs. Marquis Reward. Price?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 04:34:47 pm »
Hi experts,
We are getting close(ish) to purchasing a refurbished hot springs spa from a well-respected dealer in our area. They've been excellent throughout our consideration process, and have an electrician they often work with who came to our house and gave us a quote for electrical yesterday.

The two models they currently have in our budget are a jetsetter and sovereign. I don't know what year they were manufactured (sorry!), but they both are refurbished and come with 1yr warrantee, steps, delivery, set up, cover, chemicals.

The Sovereign is $500 more than the jetsetter, but that seems reasonable given the increase in size. It will be mostly my husband and I using the tub, but it would be nice to have room for friends/family when they visit. Not a necessity, but a nice feature.

For those of you familiar with these 2 models, do you think the sovereign is worth the extra $500? We plan to wet test asap, but wondering your thoughts in the meantime.

There is another dealer nearby that has decent (but not as good) ratings, who also has refurbished models for similar pricing, but delivery,steps, cover, set up is an extra $500.

One thing this other dealer has available is a Marquis Reward. It's a good deal more expensive than either of the Hot Springs ones, but it's new (a wet model they are selling WAY below cost). It's like 75% more expensive, and over our preferred budget, but do-able. Just wondering if there's any way that the marquis is worth that much of a cost increase?

Is the larger Sovereign worth $500 more than a Jetsetter? I'd probably say yes unless you find out the Sovereign is 4 years older. Is the floor model Marquis a better buy than the refurbished spas? Maybe but again it depends on how old all of these spas are and its really not difficult to find that out.

If they don't give you a definitive answer as to what year they were built ask the dealer to give you the spa serial numbers (alpha numeric) and post them here. Some of the people here can read them and tell you what year they are.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 04:37:39 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

castletonia

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 04:36:10 pm »
How much is each spa you are looking at?  You also need to find out how old the refurbished spas are.  When I sold Marquis I sold the Reward for between $10k - $11k depending on included options.  Marquis and Hot Spring are comparable brands and you are looking at the higher end of their line-ups but these are not spas you would normally compare when shopping.  The Reward is more like the Aria, Jetsetter like the Spirit, and Sovereign does not have a direct comparison.

lovedogs

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 06:25:01 pm »
Thanks to both of you for your responses!

I don't know the ages of the refurbished Hot springs spas, but I'll ask and see what I hear back from the vendor. Yes, the Sovereign is $500 more, and is $2,999. The jetsetter is $2,500.

Here's the link to the marquis. The link itself says "2014", so that seems like the year, and the serial number is included in the link.https://spamax.com/product/2014-marquis-spas-reward/ The marquis is $5,500.

UPDATE: heard back from the hot springs store that refurbishes the spas. The sovereign is 2005, and jetsetter is 2003.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 06:39:45 pm by lovedogs »

castletonia

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 07:57:50 pm »
If that Reward has full warranty, get it.  That is legitimately below cost, even better if he throws in those Environments.

lovedogs

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 11:38:37 pm »
Thanks Castle! I realized that even if below cost, $5500 is way above my comfort zone for budget, especially because cover, steps, delivery, etc is an extra $500.

I ended up going to the Hot Springs dealer to see both the Sovereign and Jetsetter, and the choice was pretty clear that the Sovereign would be better for my husband (who is 6'2). I feel like he would have felt cramped in the jetsetter.

We got the sovereign with steps, cover, chemicals, and 1 yr parts+labor warrantee for $3150 out the door, which I felt was fair (he took a bit off tax, which wasn't included in the 2,995 listed price).

We will be getting electrical done asap and then have the tub delivered. Fingers crossed that we will be thrilled with the outcome! Thank you all for help!

PS. if anyone wants what looks like a really great deal on that Marquis and are in southern CA, go for it! I'm glad castle confirms that it's a good deal, and if our budget were larger we would have likely sprung for it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 11:38:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42