What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HS Vista or  SD Cameo  (Read 4493 times)

Jackatkc

HS Vista or  SD Cameo
« on: August 16, 2004, 12:28:35 pm »
I am considering both the Vista and the Envoy.

I want to purchase a spa that will be easy to maintain. Does anyone have any opinions on which one would be easier and why.  I know both are built well, but does one stand out?

Is there anyone in the Overland Park area that has worked with the dealers here?

Thanks in advance for the help. This forum is very very helpful.

Hot Tub Forum

HS Vista or  SD Cameo
« on: August 16, 2004, 12:28:35 pm »

Warkovision

• West and Wewaxsation, at Wast!
Re: HS Vista or  SD Cameo
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 01:50:13 pm »
I'm a little confused about the title of your post and your question. :) I think the Envoy and Vista are similar. You gain an extra seat in the Vista which is bigger. They're both "high performance" tubs as opposed to "energy efficient" models so you can probably expect similar jet performance. At least I hope so because I ordered a Vista after wet testing the Envoy. There was no Vista to wet test anywhere near me. Maintaining them should be the same except you'll probably use a bit more chemicals with the Vista due to it's larger capacity. Hotspring spas have an excellent reputation for quality, reliability and service it would seem by what I've read on this and other forums.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 01:54:01 pm by Warkovision »

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 02:53:37 pm »
Hmm..

Sundance uses bromine and Hot Springs uses Chlorine.  The Hot Springs advertises 100% no bypass filtration. The cameo advettises its microfilter and sucking intakes at the bottom (the hot spring has suction intakes over the filters).  I own the grandee (non-lounger version of the vista) and my friend owns the cameo.

I prefer the grandee over the cameo, but not because of maintenance.  Both me and my friend have had no problems.  The cameo is nice because you can just throw in bromine tablets into a bromine floater and not worry about it, but there are problems with bromine, I believe.  Do a search for bromine.  I remember there were some people who switched to chrloine (or dichlor?) from bromine a while back but can't remember why.

Side note: Was out of town for a week. Came home, water was cloudy. Shocked it 2 times in a day, ran the jets for about 2 hours. Next day, all clear.  Test strips back to the right colors.  These tubs (all of them) are SO much easier to take care of.

-Ed

Jackatkc

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004, 02:53:41 pm »
My bad, I meant Sundance Cameo.

Chris_H

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2004, 03:06:57 pm »
Ebirrane,
Actually, Sundance can use both Chorine and Bromine.  The chlorine would be used in conjunction with the Nature2 just like the Hotspring.  The Sundance Nature2 cartridge would go in the same location as the Bromine tablets.

Jaclatkc,
They are both GREAT tubs.  Wet test them and figure out which one is right for you.
The Vista should be priced higher than the Cameo, but realize the Vista has 6 seats with different massages, and the Cameo has, I believe, four seats with different massages and two cool down seats.
Chris H

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2004, 03:18:33 pm »
Is there anyone in the Overland Park area that has worked with the dealers here?

I have worked with the Marquis dealer in Overland Park. I've never been to his store but have dealt with him in many facets of the industry over the years and will say that he is one of the most customer oriented, honest and upfront dealers I have ever met. He would rather take a loss than do wrong by a customer. His manager was a manager at the HS dealership and I talked to him about why - he told me he liked the HS line but questioned the dealership putting in "aftermarket' products like ozone and charging the same price. Here is his website http://thebackyardlivingstore.com/. Give them a shot and see what you think.

Both are good products but the dealership can make all of the difference in the world.

Jackatkc

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2004, 04:06:01 pm »
Thanks much for the replies so far.

I don't know why I can't seem to make a decision.

It comes down to Sundance Cameo, Hot Springs Vista, and Marquis Reward.

Let's say I liked them all when I wet tested. Is there anything out there that I a missing that would have me lean towards one?  Are their better technologies with one or another?

I am concerned we have another Dazed and Confused in the making! j/k.

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2004, 04:57:01 pm »
Ebirrane,
Actually, Sundance can use both Chorine and Bromine.  The chlorine would be used in conjunction with the Nature2 just like the Hotspring.  The Sundance Nature2 cartridge would go in the same location as the Bromine tablets.

Chris,
 Thanks for the info!  I did not know that!
-Ed

Warkovision

• West and Wewaxsation, at Wast!
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2004, 05:27:08 pm »

It comes down to Sundance Cameo, Hot Springs Vista, and Marquis Reward.
 Are their better technologies with one or another?

I am concerned we have another Dazed and Confused in the making! j/k.

From what I've read here, you can't really go wrong with any of those choices. Many people feel Marquis offers more value for the money spent. What Stuart says about the Marquis dealer in your area is a great positive. How do you feel about the Sundance and Hotspring dealers?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2004, 05:27:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42