What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Clearance to retaining wall  (Read 2044 times)

Thisismyname

Clearance to retaining wall
« on: July 25, 2017, 09:37:24 pm »
Haven't decided on our tub yet but it will definitely be place in a 3 sided retaining wall.

The biggest I can make the space is about 9' 5" wide...thinking of getting a Cantabria that is 9' wide plus a bit for the cover lift.  Would this be too tight of a fit?  The front side with the controls will be completely open but the sides and back will be surrounded by the retaining wall.

Hot Tub Forum

Clearance to retaining wall
« on: July 25, 2017, 09:37:24 pm »

bud16415

Re: Clearance to retaining wall
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 09:57:26 pm »
My cover lifter takes about 24” on the side opposite the controls.

You can shoehorn one into an inch of clearance if you want, but if you ever need to work on it, they will have to disconnect the power and drain the tub and pull it out. I would never want one like that but it can be done if that’s your desire. 
 :)

Thisismyname

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 10:12:05 pm »
Well it's not my desire but it's what I have to work with.  I can go with a smaller tub 92x92 or so and have a foot or so on all sides but i don't think that's enough space to get in there if needed anyhow.

Was thinking this may actually be a benefit of providing more "insulation" if it's a tight fit during the winter here in Michigan.

Would there be much to access on the sides ?

I can leave space behind the back of it for the cover to set into, that's not a problem

bud16415

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 07:02:18 am »
The only side access you need on most tubs to the best of my understanding is in case you develop a leak and need access to repair it. That would be a leak in a line or a jet or control valve. I don’t think you will see any difference in insulation as the tubs now are insulated so well hardly any heat gets out unless you open the cover.

Different cover lifters take different amounts of room on the end so look into that and they also extend the width of the tub by a couple inches on both sides. In this case the lifter will have to be attached to the tub before putting the tub into place.

My hot tub was about 800 pounds empty and another 100 for the cover and lifter. They do not move all that easy. I would want enough room to clean around the outside at least. When you go shopping talk to the delivery and moving people and ask their advice.

The guys came to my house and saw my deck and said “Oh Boy”. Then I showed them how an 8’ section of my rail was designed to be removable and they could back right up and slide it off and they said “Oh Wow”. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 07:02:18 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42