What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First weekend with our Optima!!!  (Read 4173 times)

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
First weekend with our Optima!!!
« on: August 15, 2004, 08:57:33 pm »
I figured I'd follow Calicoskies and post how our install and first weekend went with our new Optima.   :D

We took delivery last Thursday afternoon.  The delivery guys were great.  They hooked up the Ozonator and LED light and then pulled the tub to it's home in our backyard.  It took them all of about 2 minutes to get it from our driveway to our concrete pad under our screened porch.  Once they had it in place they installed the cover lifter and we were all set.

Our electrician was supposed to come out on Thursday afternoon to hook everything up but we had some severe weather and he was delayed until Friday afternoon.  I had already filled the tub so it sat with no chemicals for 24 hours until the electrician hooked everything up.

Once we had power I put in the first batch of chemicals and starting the waiting process of heating the water.  I was surprised that out of the hose our water was around 75F and after sitting for 24 hours it was actually around 80F when the heating started.  We had it up to 98F in about 2 and 1/2 hours.

So, after the kids were in bed we took our first dip around 10:00 on Friday.  Everything is exactly as we remembered from our wet test and we love it!!!  The LED light is really cool at night too.

We were in and out on Saturday and had the kids in for the first time too.  (they are 1 and 3)  They both loved it as well.

By Sunday morning we noticed that the water was a bit green and a little cloudy.  Talked to the dealer and he suggested shocking again with the OZ tabs and a shot of Bright/Clear.  After a few hours I thnk things look much better and we'll be taking another dip in an hour or so...

We ended up going with Bromine for a sanitizer.  With an Ozonator the desired level of Bromine is only around 1ppm according to our dealer and he claims the built in brominator works well.  Guess we'll just have to wait and see how that goes.  The low level of bromine should reduce any drying out of skin that we've heard is sometimes a problem with bromine.

All in all we're VERY excited to finally have our new toy up and running and am sure it's going to get lots of use.  Once we deal with cleaning up our backyard and get the rest of my deck/lattice work done I'll post some pictures of our installation.

Thanks to all for the advice and information.  It made our purchase that much easier!!  8)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2004, 09:21:23 pm by bulmer4nc »
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Hot Tub Forum

First weekend with our Optima!!!
« on: August 15, 2004, 08:57:33 pm »

viper

Re: First weekend with our Optima!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2004, 10:06:54 pm »
If you don't mind me asking, how much did your optima end up costing

CalicoskiesNC

• In hot water since July 2004, love our Optima
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2004, 10:33:20 pm »
Congrats, Ken and Jodi!  I'm glad to hear your up and bubbling!  We've had some nice cool evenings to really enjoy the tub, as long as you dodge the thunder/lightning!  I look forward to your photos and again, glad to hear all is up and running!

pafoster62

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2004, 10:43:03 pm »
 :Dcongrats!!!

Nhbeacon

• Still a happy Siberian owner
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2004, 10:52:05 pm »
Congratulations! We are hoping for Tuesday right now, since the weather does not look good for electrician for tomorrow. We did fill it yesterday and the kids watched it fill, pretty pathetic..lol. I tested the well water before adding the scale stuff in and was pleased to see that the Ph was already good, so we won't have much to worry there. Hey this is the year for people on the east coast to get a hot tub, with all this rain, the wells are just fine here.
  ;DGlad you are up and running!
Jan
Maybe the Hokey Pokey is what's all about?

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2004, 01:45:05 am »
Great post bulmer4nc and I hope you have many wrinkly nights in it!

Steve

r100rs

• A real BMW only has 2 wheels!
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2004, 04:30:25 am »
You guys/gals are really getting me jealous. Wish I would win the lottery so I can get my tub ordered sooner.  God, I hate budgets!!!!!
That year wait is starting to turn into an eternity.
I guess I'll just go take some vitamins (B6 or B12)
thats a Bud 6 pack/Bud 12 pack.  ;D

r100rs

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2004, 09:55:47 am »
Congratulations bulmer.  Your post brought back wonderful memories of our first day as well.  

The bromine dispenser works very well. your experience with the cloudy water just means learning about water management. We encoutered the very same thing at first. Now the water is crystal clear.

Enjoy!

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2004, 10:06:44 am »
Join the party - r100rs!

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2004, 12:06:00 pm »
Congrats!  You may want to try a spa frog with your bromine.  Same as N2 but can be used with bromine.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2004, 12:06:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42