What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Thank You!!!  Caspian heating problem!  (Read 3441 times)

brenrn

• Go Vols!!!!
Thank You!!!  Caspian heating problem!
« on: August 14, 2004, 12:12:34 am »
I just wanted to thank everyone who responded with ideas/help to fix our heating problem.  I'm pleased to announce that it is fixed!  Tub is heated to 100 degrees and I had a nice soak last night!
I'm not really sure what the problem was.  My husband checked and rechecked his electrical work and is sure that wasn't the problem.  He finally hit the reset button on the heater one last time and then we shut down all power to the tub overnight.  I went out yesterday morning to turn it back on so I could add chemicals and a couple hours later is was warm. ::)

Hot Tub Forum

Thank You!!!  Caspian heating problem!
« on: August 14, 2004, 12:12:34 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Thank You!!!  Caspian heating problem!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 12:22:52 am »
I would say two things happened:

You got air in the circ pump and overheated the heater, tripping the reset button.

You tried to reset the heater, but it still had enough heat in it to keep it from resetting.

You shut down overnight, allowing the heater to cool, and the air bubble in the circ pump to move, clear or go away, so:

when you turned the power back on, everything worked as it should.

Remember to turn on the 30 amp breaker first (for pumps) and then the 20 amp breaker (for heat) after running the jets for 10 minutes.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2004, 12:48:59 pm »
Sometimes Hot Tubs are like any other electrical device/computer: sometimes turning them off/on fixes problems.

I sm sure Chas is correct in his assessment.

You would be surprised how many problems get solved just by resetting the power supply! :-/
Homeworks Financing Representative

cparlf

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2004, 01:02:05 pm »
Maybe there should be a CTRL-ALT-DEL switch?  Seems to fix lots of other problems.

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2004, 09:48:02 am »
Remember to turn on the 30 amp breaker first (for pumps) and then the 20 amp breaker (for heat) after running the jets for 10 minutes.

Chas, my breakers (30amp/30amp) are tied together as per code. I did'nt have any problems like brenrn went through and although your recommendation makes a lot of sense not sure how I could do that without pulling the clip that tie"s both breakers together.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2004, 09:48:02 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42