What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: FLO Code help  (Read 4980 times)

RandyDie

FLO Code help
« on: July 08, 2017, 08:15:52 am »
I have a hot tub with Gecko controls, SSpa pack.  I recently drained the water for maintenance, and after a few weeks, refilled.  After refilling, I turned on the tub and it tripped the breaker.  I replaced the heater element, and pressure switch.  That stopped the breaker from tripping.  Now I'm getting a FLO code.  The code was happening at both high and low pump speed, but now only on low.  I removed the filters, intake screens, and put a nose down the filter well. 

The jets seem to have good pressure, and all are open. 
Any ideas as to the problem?

Hot Tub Forum

FLO Code help
« on: July 08, 2017, 08:15:52 am »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: FLO Code help
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 01:39:48 pm »
I have a hot tub with Gecko controls, SSpa pack.  I recently drained the water for maintenance, and after a few weeks, refilled.  After refilling, I turned on the tub and it tripped the breaker.  I replaced the heater element, and pressure switch.  That stopped the breaker from tripping.  Now I'm getting a FLO code.  The code was happening at both high and low pump speed, but now only on low.  I removed the filters, intake screens, and put a nose down the filter well. 

The jets seem to have good pressure, and all are open. 
Any ideas as to the problem?

Which "pressure switch"?

Retired

RandyDie

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 03:30:14 pm »
The sensor located in the heater tube.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 06:16:48 pm »
The sensor located in the heater tube.

Was there 2 in the heater tube? One for overheat and one for flow. Generally flow sensors are adjustable. Is your flow sensor functioning properly?
Retired

RandyDie

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 07:05:51 pm »
The overheat is not in the tube, it sticks to the outside.  The flow(pressure)switch, is new.  It is adjustable, but I did not turn it. 
Since my last post the tub is no longer heating.  I think I burned out the new element. 
Could the pump be weak, and not supplying enough water on low speed?  Won't the high limit code showed up?   

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 09:28:39 pm »
 Do you have 3 dot's flashing?  If not, then it is possibly a bad heater.  If you do then it's something else IE with flo.  Have you tried jumping the two wires that go to the pressure switch?     

RandyDie

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 10:02:17 pm »
No dots flashing.  I did jump the switch.  Still FLO code.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2017, 07:11:33 am »
The overheat is not in the tube, it sticks to the outside.  The flow(pressure)switch, is new.  It is adjustable, but I did not turn it. 
Since my last post the tub is no longer heating.  I think I burned out the new element. 
Could the pump be weak, and not supplying enough water on low speed?  Won't the high limit code showed up?

Need to know the order in which you messed with it. Did the flow error go away when you bypassed the flow sensor? Did you leave it bypassed and did the heater work at that time?

Yes the pump could be weak and may be the root of your problem. A flow sensor error WILL cause a heater to stop working (it is supposed to do that) If you bypassed it and the heater started heating with a low flow situation, yes you could of burned it out. But you are correct the high limit sensor should of once again shut down the heater and thrown an overheat code.

In the very beginning, why did you choose the heater and sensor to replace when it tripped the breaker?

Sorry to ask so many questions but in order for us to help you we need to know more. Was the pump functioning properly when you changed the water? How old is the pump/tub?
Retired

RandyDie

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2017, 10:48:22 pm »
Thanks for the help Tman, and Jim.  I don't know the manufacturer, the cabinet was replaced, and I cant find a tag. I will post a picture, maybe someone will recognize it. The year is approximately 2000.
Before draining I had no FLO code, and it heated fine, however, I was getting a High limit code. 
I replaced the heater, due to the breaker tripping after refilling.  When the heater was disconnected, the breaker didn't trip.    I replaced the high limit switch as a preventative maintenance issue while I had the heater tube out, but the switch may have been the problem all along.   
The FLO code did not go away when the pressure switch was bypassed. 

I adjusted the pressure switch,  It is now heating, and running with NO codes at all!!

I hope the problem is solved.  I have a few questions about jets, and I hope you will be able to help me out.  I'll save that for another day. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2017, 06:44:20 am »
Thanks for the help Tman, and Jim.  I don't know the manufacturer, the cabinet was replaced, and I cant find a tag. I will post a picture, maybe someone will recognize it. The year is approximately 2000.
Before draining I had no FLO code, and it heated fine, however, I was getting a High limit code. 
I replaced the heater, due to the breaker tripping after refilling.  When the heater was disconnected, the breaker didn't trip.    I replaced the high limit switch as a preventative maintenance issue while I had the heater tube out, but the switch may have been the problem all along.   
The FLO code did not go away when the pressure switch was bypassed. 

I adjusted the pressure switch,  It is now heating, and running with NO codes at all!!

I hope the problem is solved.  I have a few questions about jets, and I hope you will be able to help me out.  I'll save that for another day.

If you adjusted the flow sensor and the problem went away you still may have a low flow situation from your pump.

Keep an eye on it. If the pump continues to get weaker it may stop heating again.
Retired

Bahlman

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2017, 09:20:02 am »
Are you sure your jets are flowing like normal. I just replaced a spa pack in my tub and I was getting the same error. After digging into the problem I realized my gate valve had broken and was only about 3/4 of the way open.

RandyDie

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2017, 03:05:21 pm »
Not positive, no.  The handles are fully extended, but I didn't look down the pipe.   

But that does bring up my next question. 
Two of the jets have no air.  They were just replaced, lines were blown out.  They also are not sucking air when disconnected from the manifold, with the pump on high. 

Could I not have the proper water pressure to cause the jets to pull air?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2017, 06:47:47 pm »
Lets circle back to the age, make and model of the tub?
Retired

Bahlman

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2017, 07:06:13 pm »
Easy way to check if the the gate valve is stuck closed would be to disconnect the intake lines at your pump. If one is bad you will notice a restricted water flow. On mine the handle disconnected from the valve. It was completely closed although water was still coming through. Just not very much.

RandyDie

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2017, 09:58:35 pm »
Lets circle back to the age, make and model of the tub?

I don't know the age make, or model.  It has a Gecko SSpa pack, with Waterways screw in jets.  I was told it was a early 2000's model.

I'm having trouble posting pictures,  When I get it figured out I'll add some. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2017, 09:58:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42