What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa and cover cleaners  (Read 2216 times)

cparlf

Spa and cover cleaners
« on: August 15, 2004, 12:34:57 pm »
I have posted several times that IMO selecting a dealer is an integral part of the spa experience, so I don't want to sound like I am questioning his advice but was curious about something I was told yesterday.  (our tub sits covered and empty until Tuesday when the electrician can get here).  The Optima's manual states something about using a cleaner and polish prior to use.  Since I have a few days, I called to ask him about it and he said not to use spa cleaners because some of them will leave a residue that will only come off in the water and filter.  Likewise for any wax products.  He stated just a wipe down with a damp towel should be enough, and that he uses Formula 409 to clean his.  He said don't spend money where you don't need to.  He also said to only use saddle soap on the cover, and definately not Armorall etc.  Any comments?

Hot Tub Forum

Spa and cover cleaners
« on: August 15, 2004, 12:34:57 pm »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
Re: Spa and cover cleaners
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2004, 01:10:16 pm »
I use Leisure Time Spa Gloss when I drain and fill.  I don't think it is necessary, but it goes on so quickly and I like the way the shell feels when it is done.  My dealer recommends it on the pearl style finish, but not needed on the granite finish (which I have).  303 Protectant is the best product for the cover.  It protects against UV damage.  Definitely do not use Armorall as it contains petroleum products.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Spa and cover cleaners
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2004, 01:10:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42