What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spring NXT vs. Bullfrog A-Series  (Read 5905 times)

divyan86

Hot Spring NXT vs. Bullfrog A-Series
« on: July 05, 2017, 03:20:15 pm »
Hi,

I'm a potential hot tub purchaser in the Catskills area of NY.  The two dealers closest to me sell Bullfrog and HotSpring Spas.  I wanted to get guidance on how these rack up against one another based on others' experiences.

Focused on whether theyre in the same cost range, whether one has more maintenance issues than another, and whether one would be better suited for year-round weekend use in a climate that ranges from  -20 degs F to 90 degs F during the various seasons.

Thanks,

Divyan

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Spring NXT vs. Bullfrog A-Series
« on: July 05, 2017, 03:20:15 pm »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Hot Spring NXT vs. Bullfrog A-Series
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 04:18:22 pm »
2 of the most premium manufacturers in the industry (Bullfrog, Hot Springs (Highlife Collection), Marquis) are the only 3 manufacturers I would PERSONALLY buy from based on my 15 years experience in this industry when accounting for this such as: Build Quality, Insulation, USA Built, Strong Reputable Manufacturer who will provide warranty parts (if needed) in a very timely manner, etc. now of course you do have to figure your personal local dealer also factors into that equation because they are there on the "ground level" with you to provide that warranty work, delivery, etc. so keep that in mind of course.

Both Spas will be suited for year around use (I've sold both Bullfrog & Hot Springs in Minnesota for many years as reference) both utilize full foam insulation and both are "sealed" off as far as the structure/base/cabinet are concerned.

The Highlife collection and Bullfrogs A-Series which is as close to "apples to apples" you will find as far as both brands are concerned will be relatively close in price with the smaller models starting in the mid 6's or a touch higher, going all the way up to 14-16k for the biggest top end models "loaded up" (A7/A8 or Envoy/Grandee)

Best thing you can do is visit both dealers if you haven't already done so, gauge how competent each is, go through and chat with a salesperson, maybe find a model from each that visually looks like it will work for your needs, then WET TEST both brands to see which features/jets/layouts/etc suit you are your family best.

Good Luck!

jailor97

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 05:23:09 pm »
I "wet tested" both a Grandee and an A7. For me (and my wife) we had to go with Bullfrog. It just felt better!

And.... Bullfrog came in just over $3k LESS (compared to a non-NXT model) when it was all said and done, making the decision a no-brainer!

Our tub is an A8L, no salt, no stereo, steps, cover lifter, circ. pump, no delivery charge and tax included.

But, if the HotSpring feels better to you, then you better get it.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 05:25:42 pm by jailor97 »

Sorrentino100

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 04:44:53 am »
Depending on the HotSpring model, you'll get five ceramic filters with non-bypass filtration versus two pleated filters on a Bullfrog. The control panel will be nicer on the premium HotSpring spas, the lights will be dimmable, and the owner's manual is better than what you'll find from Bullfrog.

Other than that, the Bullfrog has much better jets. The build quality on both premium lines from each manufacturer is excellent.

I'd test both and pick what suits you best.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 07:09:40 am »
Depending on the HotSpring model, you'll get five ceramic filters with non-bypass filtration versus two pleated filters on a Bullfrog. The control panel will be nicer on the premium HotSpring spas, the lights will be dimmable, and the owner's manual is better than what you'll find from Bullfrog.

Other than that, the Bullfrog has much better jets. The build quality on both premium lines from each manufacturer is excellent.

I think the smaller pumps on the HS will make it cost less to operate also. But that doesn't relate to a better feel.
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 09:17:15 am »

The owners manual is better than Bullfrogs?    One of the funniest statements I have heard here on why the other spa is better.    :o

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2017, 12:27:05 pm »

The owners manual is better than Bullfrogs?    One of the funniest statements I have heard here on why the other spa is better.    :o

oh C'mon Jim, I've heard the paper the Hot Spring manual is printed on was designed by BMW  ;D ;D

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2017, 12:42:28 pm »

oh C'mon Jim, I've heard the paper the Hot Spring manual is printed on was designed by BMW  ;D ;D

No doubt!   We better start telling people before buying, by all means they need to read test the manual, then wet test the spa.   

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2017, 01:38:09 pm »

That would explain my thoughts that they are overpriced.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2017, 01:38:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42