What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Officially a new hot tub owner!  (Read 2666 times)

mooveebuff

Officially a new hot tub owner!
« on: July 04, 2017, 10:21:10 pm »
Okay, so y'all probably think I'm a flake at this point after going from almost taking a free, beat up hot tub and then changing my mind.  When opportunity knocks, sometimes you have to answer the door.  This may not be as great of a deal as I'm thinking, but I love the tub and I'm happy with the price.

I went to a local Jacuzzi and Sundance dealer in Scottsdale to check out their 4th of July sale, and I was not disappointed.  The salesperson was really cool and laid-back.  No pressure at all.  He asked my budget and I told him 8-10K, but could go a little higher if needed.  He showed me 3 or 4 tubs in the 8K - 9K range, and I just didn't fall in love with anything.  I think he got the feeling it just wasn't going to happen, so he just started talking (the place was surprisingly pretty empty, but it was mid-afternoon).  So as we were meandering around, I saw a tub with a sign that had a bunch of red stickers on it that caught my attention.

It was a 2017, 3-month-old Sundance Cameo that someone had bought in April and returned because it was too deep for he and his wife, so he traded it back for a different model.  I don't know the accuracy of the original price, but the tag and the salesperson said that it was originally bought for $17, 500 and change.  They had it marked down to $12,999.  They did not have one set up for a wet test, but I did a wet test on an older model Cameo a couple of years ago when I first thought about doing this, which is where I fell in love with this tub.

In any case, after some more conversation and some gentle negotiating, we agreed on $11,500.  Here is what I got:

2017 Sundance Cameo 880 with Celestite Shell and Coastal cabinet.

Gray Sunstrong cover

CoverMate I lifter

Awesome steps...three full no-slip steps with a handrail.  I've actually never seen those steps before and they're awesome!

Clearray UV

Pro3tect low-output ozone generator.

Full manufacturer's warranty (this was my only concern since it is used, but they're still treating it as a new purchase).

And I got 4 years financing at 0% interest.  All in all, I'm really happy about it.  It's a bit more than I wanted to spend, but it's one of the tubs I really wanted (and had crossed off my list due to price), and now the only issue is that I want it NOW!  I'll post tome pics after it gets delivered.  I still have to get electrical set up, and that'll probably be next week.  Very excited!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Officially a new hot tub owner!
« on: July 04, 2017, 10:21:10 pm »

bud16415

Re: Officially a new hot tub owner!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 08:11:34 am »
Congrats on getting a tub.  :D

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 04:29:58 pm »
Congrats on the new Spa!

As far as steps, is it these: https://leisureconcepts.com/products/steps/modstep/

mooveebuff

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 09:11:33 pm »
Congrats on the new Spa!

As far as steps, is it these: https://leisureconcepts.com/products/steps/modstep/

Thanks!  And yes, those are the steps....I'd never seen those before Monday.  I hope they're as nice as they seem.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 01:56:07 pm »
Welcome to the family!  I have known many satisfied Cameo owners.    Since its just my wife and I 99% of the time  I went smaller with my 2nd tub, but got the Sundance Majesta. We have had this one 4 troublefree years now. (almost 5)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

richierich

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 02:38:30 pm »
Welcome to the hot tub family! I've had my Sundance Optima for 4 years now with just 2 minor problems. Have had to replace the flow switch/sensor twice. Still very happy with the tub. You made a solid choice. Enjoy!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 02:38:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42