What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot tub - UK  (Read 1600 times)

MittsNI

Hot tub - UK
« on: July 02, 2017, 10:02:26 am »
Hi,
I appreciate that this is a predominately US forum, however, I have struggled to find a similar community forum in the UK, hence, I have spent many hours trawling this site trying to gain as much insight as possible with regards to a first time purchase. As with most first time buyers the amount of options makes it very difficult to make a decision and I am further hampered by a lack of retailers available for me, unfortunately an on-line purchase may be my only option.
It is mainly for this reason that I am aiming at the bottom end of the market and trying to source a decent hot tub with a smaller budget.

I have seen many posts that state a sub $3,000 option is not readily available in terms of a 'decent' hot tub, but the link below shows a tub available in the UK for around the $3,000 figure... is it possible to tell what is 'wrong' with this hot tub? I was also wondering if this hot tub cannot justify a $3,000 price tag, should I save a further $2,000 and just opt for a 'soft tub' option for $750 and be resigned to the fact that my hot tub sessions will just be OK and never be an awesome experience?

http://www.tubs2u.co.uk/?Page_ID=3610&id=660238

Thanks, for your thoughts and comments... 

Hot Tub Forum

Hot tub - UK
« on: July 02, 2017, 10:02:26 am »

Garrys Hot Tubs

Re: Hot tub - UK
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 11:20:14 am »
3KW heater

2HP and 1HP pump

Not the best looking structure

Insulation is probably packed with foam, good luck with service.

I mean for what you're paying, I guess you get what you pay for. I wouldn't want a tub with a single stage 2HP and 1HP pump, avg are 4HP 2 stage.

I don't know everything about them, but that was the first few things that stood out to me.

Sam

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 03:42:40 pm »
It's all micro jets which are not very therapeutic.  Probably chinese components if not all chinese.  No mention of warranty.  Even if warranty is decent, who will do work?  How does it get delivered?  Most likely curbside, which means a semi truck driver who knows nothing about hot tubs will drop it right at the end of your driveway and leave.  No orientation or instructions, let alone placement in your yard.  Probably costs a fortune to operate.  I'd be really hesitant to purchase this thing.  Does not look good at all.  But for the price......I dunno. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 03:42:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42