What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Usage question from new owner  (Read 9039 times)

Nhbeacon

• Still a happy Siberian owner
Usage question from new owner
« on: August 11, 2004, 09:56:29 pm »
 :P So we have our new Siberian awaiting the electrician on the deck and after lurking in this forum for the past 2 weeks, I am interested in finding out from others. how often you use your spa?
More or less than what you expected?
( I just can't wait to get it up and running!!!!!)
Jan
Maybe the Hokey Pokey is what's all about?

Hot Tub Forum

Usage question from new owner
« on: August 11, 2004, 09:56:29 pm »

CalicoskiesNC

• In hot water since July 2004, love our Optima
Re: Usage question from new owner
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 10:30:34 pm »
Its been 1 month and so far, the kids get in for at least an hour a day, husband and I are in almost every night for at least an hour.  I dont work Tues/Wed so I've gotten into the habit of spending an hour or more by myself in the tub after all the kids are off to school.  Just me and Clarke Howard on the AM radio  :)  

I would say we get more use than I thought.  We keep the temp at 96 and its very comfortable to spend 90min in there.  The kids really love it.  They are older: 16, 16 and 12.  

autoplay

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 10:51:57 pm »
Having owed a spa for over a year now,on average....2-3 times a week,schedule permitting.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004, 11:28:44 pm »
I've had my LSX for a month now........I get in each morning...even before work...really sets the tone for the day.  Then, I soak about an hour before bed...never slept better...or, if guests come over for martinis and a soak, we do the sunset thing.  In summary, about twice a day.  Which leads me to another thought about usage...who uses the tub most in your family?
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 08:20:33 am »
On average we use our 6 days a week.  Our tub is nearly 18 months old.  I have a minor condition that the spa brings great relief so its almost like taking medicine. (That and I had a jealous friend who insisted that after a few months the novelty would wear off and we would lose interest. I will not let them be right!)  There is a night on a few occasions I am too tired to go out, but that is rare.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2004, 08:58:45 am »
We've been spa owners for about 15 months.  We probably average 2 or 3 times per week.  When it gets really hot and humid out we skip.  But when the weather gets cooler in the fall, winter, and spring we are more often.
Brewman
Brewman

SpaGirl

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2004, 09:20:46 am »
Nhbeacon,

How long did it take you to buy your spa?  I see that you only have 3 posts, I have just begun and can't seem to ask enough questions?

Whew!

Nhbeacon

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2004, 09:35:30 am »
Spa Girl- Not that I am an impulsive shopper, but we have talked about it on and off for a while and the kids wanted a pool. My husband did not want a pool, because in NH, it would only get used 3mo. of the year. We used to have a rv in a campground with a pond just 2 towns over and we missed the swimming. ( but we don't miss the drunk neighbors that we had there...) When we came back from vacation, a good friend had bought one . She is a terrific shopper and analyzes her purchases more than anyone else I know, so I picked her brain!

I did check out forums on line for a few days before shopping, so I knew what to avoid. The shop I bought it from has been in business for over 20 years and I was offered a great deal on the spa. I know it is a big spa, but the warranties are good and I have heard from others in my town that the service is also good. With the size of my sons only increasing, this was a tub that we can all fit in comfortably. So I basically put money down on my first venture out and did the wet test the next day...my sons and dh are just as impatient as me to get it up and running.
Good luck in your search!
Jan ;)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2004, 09:39:50 am »
because in NH, it would only get used 3mo. of the year.

Where at in NH?  A beautiful state, especially in the fall.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Nhbeacon

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2004, 09:43:28 am »
Outside of Concord and I see you are a football fan.....my middle son plays jr. high football and he really wanted the spa for when practice starts next week!!

OnMedic

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2004, 10:57:56 pm »
It has been raining a lot this summer, but we are still averaing 1 bathing hour per day (7 hr per week). (ie. 2 people x avg. 1/2 hour each per night). I would consider the 7-8 bather hours/week fairly average.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2004, 11:53:39 pm »
We've had our new spa for a year and a bit. On average, the 4 of us go in 3 times a week for 30-40 min.

Being from the frozen tundra of Alberta, we use it far more in the winter months. Almost every day unless it's real windy. Can't stand the wind. :P I can do -40C with no wind but -15 and windy, I'm inside baking cookies. Well....maybe not the cookie part.... ;)

Steve

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2004, 12:21:11 am »
I'm addicted but here is why; I wake up (or am still up) between 3 and 4 in the AM, the world is asleep, the stars are perfect, not a sound around. I get a tall glass of water, put in some Eucalyptus mint spa fragrance and melt the world away........

You will find that you use your spa a lot more if you put a spa coverlift on and use a sanitation system that allows you to not smell like a bottle of Clorox. The more convenient you make it the more you will use it.

Set a date with your spouse in the spa every night at a set time. It's the best place in the world relax, rejuvenate and yes, reconnect.

If you ever find that your life gets so busy you stop using it much then recommit to this just like you would exercise, a cup of coffee and paper or any other thing you do for you.

The question is not how much you will use it but how much you will take advantage of the opportunity in your backyard......

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2004, 01:03:16 am »
very nice stuart.
Thank you!
e

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2004, 01:14:31 am »
You will find that you use your spa a lot more if you put a spa coverlift on

That's right Stuart...And we all know what you need when you have a coverlifter right? Say it with me...
A Cover Saver!!

COVER SAVER INFO - CLICK HERE

That's not spam... ;D

Steve
PS - Great post bud!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2004, 01:17:01 am by Steve »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2004, 01:14:31 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42