What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HotSpring Relay Questions For Newbie  (Read 2905 times)

Kozman23

HotSpring Relay Questions For Newbie
« on: June 24, 2017, 05:11:55 pm »
Hi Everyone,

I'm shopping for my first ever hot tub and it's a lot more difficult than I thought it would be.  I believe I've narrowed it down to the HotSpring brand as I have a local dealer I like.  They've been in business for a long time, have carried the brand for a long time and have their own service team (no outsourcing repairs).

My goal was to find a good quality 5+ person tub with a lounge seat in the 5k-7k range.  My dealer is selling the Relay for $9250 including upgraded filtration, cover/lifter and steps.  The price also includes delivery, fill, hookup, etc.  I went in today and they offered me the tub for $7500 including everything listed...  I've seen some prices thrown around on here, but they are from a few years ago, so I'm not sure how accurate they are these days.  Does that seem reasonable or do they have more room?

Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Evan

Hot Tub Forum

HotSpring Relay Questions For Newbie
« on: June 24, 2017, 05:11:55 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: HotSpring Relay Questions For Newbie
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 09:29:40 pm »
 Unless you are in Canada, you spend 9300.00 on a relay your an idiot.   Actual retail for that spa should be in the 6500 to 7500 range.   It's a nice spa, but it's not a 10,000 dollar spa.

Kozman23

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 02:34:42 am »
I'm in Texas, and that's why I'm asking.  So is $7500 including the upgraded filtration, steps, and cover/lifter, delivery and setup still too much?  They also have a HS Highlife Soverign they have dropped to $10,400...

Everyone in my area seems to be expensive and unwilling to deal (on other brands).  I got a quote on a Jacuzzi J335 and they want $10,500 with no extras, no free delivery and they weren't willing to move off that.

castletonia

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 09:34:26 am »
What do you mean by upgraded filtration?  I agree with Jim on price.  Unless that $7500 includes tax, that price is still on the high side.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 09:35:51 am »
I'm in Texas, and that's why I'm asking.  So is $7500 including the upgraded filtration, steps, and cover/lifter, delivery and setup still too much?  They also have a HS Highlife Soverign they have dropped to $10,400...

Everyone in my area seems to be expensive and unwilling to deal (on other brands).  I got a quote on a Jacuzzi J335 and they want $10,500 with no extras, no free delivery and they weren't willing to move off that.

If that's the case 7500 for the relay is in the range with more dealers than at 10,000.   The Jacuzzi should be sitting in the low to mid 9000 range.   But paying extra for delivery, I wouldn't.   Most dealers have delivery all ready accounted for in the sales price, unless it's a boom truck/crane type install.    The sovereign at 10,400 is an ok price but only a 1 pump spa.  But it is a much better built spa with a longer warranty and circ pump.   

What other dealers do you have around you? 

Kozman23

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 02:54:27 pm »
   If that's the case 7500 for the relay is in the range with more dealers than at 10,000.   The Jacuzzi should be sitting in the low to mid 9000 range.   But paying extra for delivery, I wouldn't.   Most dealers have delivery all ready accounted for in the sales price, unless it's a boom truck/crane type install.    The sovereign at 10,400 is an ok price but only a 1 pump spa.  But it is a much better built spa with a longer warranty and circ pump.   

So there is still some more room below the $7500 on the relay?  I haven't negotiated at all, they came down off the $9250 to $7500 using all "rebates" and "bonus money" they had.  Is it feasible to buy the spa for $6500 with all the extras (EverFresh Ozone, Cover/lifter, Steps, Delivery/setup) included?

I also asked my dealer about the Limelight Flair and they were very against it, saying that there is a very small price difference between it and the Soverign (approx $1,500) and that if I was going to step up the Soverign is a much better spa.  They also stated the footwell is very small and that if you put 4-5 people in it, everyone feet will be touching.  My reasoning for asking about the Limelight was getting the 5 year warranty, circulation pump and still keeping 2 jet pumps.  Any thoughts?

As for other dealers, I'm sure there are dealers for every brand in my area.  I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth Area.  What else do you recomend I look at?  As I said originally, I'm really looking to stay in the $5k-7K range with a  5+ person lounger spa.

What do you mean by upgraded filtration?  I agree with Jim on price.  Unless that $7500 includes tax, that price is still on the high side.
Sorry I meant the EverFresh Ozone system.  The $7500 does not include tax, however, with a doctors note there is no tax here in Texas.  Is there more room off the $7500?  As I asked above, is $6500 feasible? 

Thanks guys,
Evan
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 02:56:07 pm by Kozman23 »

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 04:53:40 pm »

So there is still some more room below the $7500 on the relay?  I haven't negotiated at all, they came down off the $9250 to $7500 using all "rebates" and "bonus money" they had.  Is it feasible to buy the spa for $6500 with all the extras (EverFresh Ozone, Cover/lifter, Steps, Delivery/setup) included?

I also asked my dealer about the Limelight Flair and they were very against it, saying that there is a very small price difference between it and the Soverign (approx $1,500) and that if I was going to step up the Soverign is a much better spa.  They also stated the footwell is very small and that if you put 4-5 people in it, everyone feet will be touching.  My reasoning for asking about the Limelight was getting the 5 year warranty, circulation pump and still keeping 2 jet pumps.  Any thoughts?

As for other dealers, I'm sure there are dealers for every brand in my area.  I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth Area.  What else do you recomend I look at?  As I said originally, I'm really looking to stay in the $5k-7K range with a  5+ person lounger spa.

Sorry I meant the EverFresh Ozone system.  The $7500 does not include tax, however, with a doctors note there is no tax here in Texas.  Is there more room off the $7500?  As I asked above, is $6500 feasible? 

Thanks guys,
Evan

If you like the spa and are ready to purchase I would suggest making that offer, the worst thing they can say is no.  I agree with others $7,500 for a spa built south of the border and only 2 years of component warranty is too much imo.  I have a Nordic Spa sitting on my floor that sells for $3,995 and has 3 years of component warranty and 5 years on the heater element just as reference.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 04:53:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42