What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub Power Problem  (Read 2052 times)

numl0ck

Hot Tub Power Problem
« on: May 28, 2017, 05:29:38 pm »
We bought a house with an older "Sonoma Spa by Jet-Ster".  After cleaning it by hand we filled it today to run some Spa Surge through it.  The spa is hard wired, 240v 50amp, indoors.  We're unable to get any indication of power - no lights, no motors - absolutely nothing happens. The pneumatic control panel buttons appear to trigger the switches inside the main control box, but otherwise nothing happens.

I am able to verify that I get 240v at the bottom of the Input Power Relay but 0v at the top (the relay won't close).  There is an internal GFCI breaker that is tripped and will not reset, however I believe that will not reset until power is available to it.  All of the reset buttons and breakers have been pushed and none remain tripped.

Looking for some new ideas to try.  Thank you in advance.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Tub Power Problem
« on: May 28, 2017, 05:29:38 pm »

spcial_k

Re: Hot Tub Power Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 02:19:42 pm »
Is there a magnet on the door that goes to the heater/control box? I am relatively new to hot tubs too. I realized that the magnet on the door completes the circuit allowing the hot tub to function.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 09:41:02 pm »
Is there a magnet on the door that goes to the heater/control box? I am relatively new to hot tubs too. I realized that the magnet on the door completes the circuit allowing the hot tub to function.

Magnet or switch.
Retired

numl0ck

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 01:49:06 pm »
I continued to disassemble things and here is a picture of my high limit switch and temp sensor.  Any ideas what caused this?  Looks like there was heavy caulk around the temp sensor, and that may have melted over time??

Thanks.

tina89

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 04:09:19 am »
I think that is a tough work.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 03:27:59 pm »
I continued to disassemble things and here is a picture of my high limit switch and temp sensor.  Any ideas what caused this?  Looks like there was heavy caulk around the temp sensor, and that may have melted over time??

Thanks.

Defiantly the cause of your breaker trip problem. Looks like a water leak.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 03:27:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42