What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ready to make a decision...South Seas 748B vs. Hotspot Rhythm  (Read 4639 times)

schooldaze

Greetings All,

This is a cross post from another forum... I'm an idiot and signed up for the wrong forum the first time around.  Was wondering why no one responded to my post...Bah!  Anyways... I am a newbie (in every sense of the word) when it comes to spas. However, after much thought, I think we would get more use out of the spa vs. a swimming pool.  I've been shopping over the past couple of weeks, have read these forums for hours and have narrowed my search to the South Seas 748B (Artesian) and Hotspot Rhythm (Hot Springs) as they are within my budget.

I was quoted for the South Seas $6799... all inclusive (ozonator), cover, steps, delivery, start-up chemicals, cover lifter for the Hotspot Rhythm I was quoted $5995 but that only included delivery, start-up chemicals and cover.  The steps, cover lifter and ozonator were extras totaling about $900 with 25% discount (they were running a special on the Rhythm and accessories) so total came to approximately $6800, of course this doesn't include tax. 

We dry tested both and they "seemed" comfortable, but y'all are right, wet testing would be best, however they did not have these models filled. Ok... so like buying a car without test driving.,, sighs.  I had many questions for the sales folks (thanks to y'all), so Hot Springs offered to send a rep out to talk to me about placement (having my patio repaired in a couple of weeks and want to make sure we're able to raise the patio to allow for run-off but not exceed 1/10" (1/8" max?) per foot. 

So... here are my questions:

1. From a quality/reliability standpoint which do you think is better?  (I believe the South Seas had 3 year parts/labor while Hotspot was 2 year parts/labor).

2. Do you think the prices quoted are fair?

3.  Which would you choose and why?

4. Do you have any other recommendations in a similar price range?

Here are links to both:

https://southseasspas.com/models/748-b-l/

http://www.hotspring.com/shop-hot-tub-models/hotspot/7-person-hot-tubs-rhythm-value-priced-hot-tubs

I wish I understood more about filtration and pumps, but I keep reading and get more and more confused.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thank you so much!

Hot Tub Forum

Conine2965

Re: Ready to make a decision...South Seas 748B vs. Hotspot Rhythm
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 10:27:14 am »
I am also hot tub shopping and looked at both of those I'm looking at next size up now I liked the 748 better but also the hot spot was about 1500 more at the dealer near me. Did you look at the marquis v84 I'm down to the v94l or the south seas 850l.

schooldaze

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 10:39:02 am »
Thank you for your reply Conine!   :D

I have not looked at the Marquis... thank you for the suggestion!  I will research and see if anyone local carries them.  I initially thought I'd go cheap (big box), but since, for me, probably a once in a lifetime purchase... I figured I should shop quality and get what I really want (without going into debt of course!).  It's just my significant other and I at home... my daughter comes and goes as she's in college. So honestly...there will be very little opportunity for the three (four with daughter's bf) of us to be together.  I'm not one to entertain in my swimsuit (chubby, middle aged lady), so I think the 7x7 will be perfect (plenty of room to stretch out).  I wish my family had more opinions, but they are leaving the research and decision up to me!

Thanks again for your suggestion and best of luck with your decision.  Honestly... it was easier to buy a house than this tub... why is that?

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 12:58:20 pm »
Greetings All,

This is a cross post from another forum... I'm an idiot and signed up for the wrong forum the first time around.  Was wondering why no one responded to my post...Bah!  Anyways... I am a newbie (in every sense of the word) when it comes to spas. However, after much thought, I think we would get more use out of the spa vs. a swimming pool.  I've been shopping over the past couple of weeks, have read these forums for hours and have narrowed my search to the South Seas 748B (Artesian) and Hotspot Rhythm (Hot Springs) as they are within my budget.

I was quoted for the South Seas $6799... all inclusive (ozonator), cover, steps, delivery, start-up chemicals, cover lifter for the Hotspot Rhythm I was quoted $5995 but that only included delivery, start-up chemicals and cover.  The steps, cover lifter and ozonator were extras totaling about $900 with 25% discount (they were running a special on the Rhythm and accessories) so total came to approximately $6800, of course this doesn't include tax. 

We dry tested both and they "seemed" comfortable, but y'all are right, wet testing would be best, however they did not have these models filled. Ok... so like buying a car without test driving.,, sighs.  I had many questions for the sales folks (thanks to y'all), so Hot Springs offered to send a rep out to talk to me about placement (having my patio repaired in a couple of weeks and want to make sure we're able to raise the patio to allow for run-off but not exceed 1/10" (1/8" max?) per foot. 

So... here are my questions:

1. From a quality/reliability standpoint which do you think is better?  (I believe the South Seas had 3 year parts/labor while Hotspot was 2 year parts/labor).

2. Do you think the prices quoted are fair?

3.  Which would you choose and why?

4. Do you have any other recommendations in a similar price range?

Here are links to both:

https://southseasspas.com/models/748-b-l/

http://www.hotspring.com/shop-hot-tub-models/hotspot/7-person-hot-tubs-rhythm-value-priced-hot-tubs

I wish I understood more about filtration and pumps, but I keep reading and get more and more confused.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thank you so much!

I just want to address questions 1 and 2.  As a dealer, I feel only other customers can answer #3.

1.  The Rhythm is part of Hot Spring, the world's #1 seller.  Part of Masco Corp.  Publicly traded.  Company will be here tomorrow.  Bigger question might be rating the dealers.  They are the ones who have to deliver on warranty and customer service.

2.  All I can say is the price on the Rhythm is less than we usually sell it for.  Sounds fair to me.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

schooldaze

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 02:52:49 pm »
Thank you for your input, hottubdan!  I wasn't sure if I should try to negotiate further, but it sounds like I don't need to.  I wasn't looking for a "steal", just a fair price.  Glad to know that I'd be getting that! 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 02:52:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42