What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help!! Need Marquis Wish advice (also considering Jacuzzi J-355)  (Read 2737 times)

Blue-eyes

I think I've read every post here, but haven't seen recent reviews of the Marquis Wish, and I'd really love specific feedback on the comfort for a large guy. We like our local Marquis dealer, but they don't have a Wish to test (even dry), nor do they ever have it on the showroom floor. My husband is 6'3" (tall torso) with very broad shoulders, and I'm 5'8" but all legs. We both were comfortable in the Epic, but it's hard to commit to the Wish without making sure he fits on the lounger and I'm not going to float right out of it. Anyone willing to share specific opinions based on size?? We also love the Jacuzzi J-355 too, but we don't care for the dealer. We only got to wet test the 345, and while it was comfortable, it's not as deep and has no lounger. We're hoping both options will be good spas and not require many service calls, so we don't want to count out a great spa (355) based on a pushy dealer. Please help. Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Help!! Need Marquis Wish advice (also considering Jacuzzi J-355)
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 09:41:37 pm »
I'm like 5'o9" and the lounge fits me great. I think you might be more comfortable in the reward. That lounge seems to fit people of different heights better. Does he have one of those in stock?

MarKee

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 01:55:18 am »
The Wish is one of my favorite spas but may be a little snug for 6'3". What's wrong with the Epic?  Reward would also be a good option.

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 02:34:23 pm »
I sell neither brand so I may just be a guy that is chiming in for no good reason but Marquis > Jacuzzi all day in my own opinion.  I've looked hard at bringing Marquis in and in the past I've sold Jacuzzi.  Both have great ergonomics and wonderful jets.  But the extra cost associated with Jacuzzi and the fact that Marquis is employee-owned (kinda) and American-made (definitely) is two great benefits outside of the aforementioned price differences. 

If I just an in-the-way-guy outside of my element, my apologies.

d00nut

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 03:20:54 pm »
I kind of agree with Wizard of Spas.  I brought in Bullfrog as a replacement for Jacuzzi.  Not that Jacuzzi is a bad spa, quite the opposite, but the customer service and warranty department has really gone downhill, which is what left me to change.

I would have to say Marquis and Bullfrog, although easily the smaller manufacturer, has more people who actually care!  Plus, you don't like the Jacuzzi dealer... which is pretty important!

Blue-eyes

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 10:02:20 am »
Thank you all for the input! We liked the Epic, and it was quite roomy. It's more expensive than the others we're considering, and missing just one small feature I want...wrist jets.
We'll be limited in which direction we can set the spa, and the Reward isn't laid out in a way that makes it work for our space (lounge would be facing the wall). I appreciate the information and opinions about brands. We know both are good brands, but now I'm feeling better about the Marquis, as long as we can figure out which model works best for us! Planning to go back to the dealer today or tomorrow to maybe test again and hopefully decide. :)

colo_artist

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 06:06:19 pm »
We've had a Wish for a number of years. No problems. No regrets.

Fortunately we were able to do a wet test. My wife is 5'8" and likes the lounger. I'm 6' and a big guy. I like the captains chair. No problems for either of us. She doesn't float out of the lounger and I've got plenty of leg and shoulder room.

The lounger doesn't have the wrist jets. They're only on the captain's chair. I enjoy the flood jet on my feet.

I like that I can easily reach the controls from my chair and my wife has controls for her jets right by the lounger.

Blue-eyes

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 09:38:46 pm »
Thanks colo_artist. I appreciate you sharing your experience. Our Marquis dealer doesn't think it would be comfortable for my husband, like some of the others here, so we're now pretty close to getting the Epic.
Anyone able to tell me a good price for the Epic? I've seen some discussions on here, but they're all pretty old. As I mentioned, we were looking at less expensive models, so I'm hoping we can negotiate to a price that works for us.

MarKee

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2017, 02:09:04 am »
Epics typically sell for $12,000-14,000 depending on what options and where you are in the country.  It's an awesome spa, my favorite seat is sitting in front of the 2 geyser jets, amazing massage. 

Blue-eyes

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2017, 09:44:58 am »
Thanks MarKee. Our dealer is right in that range at $13,400 (before negotiating), but I was hoping we'd be able to negotiate lower than $12. We'll see how it goes...I'm new to this, so no idea how much wiggle room there usually is with the prices.

Cora5

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2017, 10:26:31 am »
Cash is king... If you have the ability to pay in full at the time of purchase you can negotiate down from there. Just an idea.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2017, 10:26:31 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42