What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: brown slimey sludge  (Read 17531 times)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: brown slimey sludge
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2004, 01:47:15 pm »
Just curious, New Owner, is this goop accumulating on your filter(s)?
Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2004, 01:47:15 pm »

scout045

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2004, 02:04:34 pm »
To Brewman. The cough comes when you  turn the air on with your jets on full power.  The water gets a little  gassy causing a need to cough.  Baquaspa recommended to  add additional waterline control,  such as 4oz. instead of 2oz during your weekly maintanance. Or you can just add a little more during the week sometime. Also raising your calcium hardness helps.  Mine was low and when I raised it and added additional waterline control the "cough disappeared.

new owner

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2004, 02:06:20 pm »
Not especially, no. It is pretty much at the waterline, in the filter AREA especially, and around the head cushions. And a little bit now floating on the bubbles with full jets on (yuck).

After re-reading the posts on this thread, I'm thinking that the draining idea is extreme (and not what I want to jump at considering our shallow well).

I think I will first try to get my pH back down and adjust the calcium hardness (based on results of today's H20 test at dealer). My shcok and sanitizer are also low so I'll be adding that. Then I think I'll give it a day and see how it looks. Do you agree?

I'd like to make this system work, considering how sensitive my skin is, but we'll see.....

Thanks for your advice!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2004, 02:06:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42