What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cameo Jet problem  (Read 4133 times)

brian_tr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Cameo Jet problem
« on: August 07, 2004, 10:22:37 pm »
One of the rotating foot jets won't spin on my Sundance Cameo.  It has quit a couple of times before and I manually spun it and it started again.  Now it will not spin at all.  The tub is just under 2yrs.  Would this be a warranty item?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2004, 10:23:20 pm by brian_tr »

Hot Tub Forum

Cameo Jet problem
« on: August 07, 2004, 10:22:37 pm »

scout045

Re: Cameo Jet problem
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 12:09:04 am »
In your instruction manual it should explain how to clean a rotating jet. It tells you to submerge the jet in a bucket of water. Rotate the jets internal nozzle while you move it back and forth allowing water to flow through both ends. This motion allows water to wash through the jet bearings to dislodge debris. You are supposed to do this once or twice a year.  This info came from a Sundance manual.  Hope it helps.  Sometimes I think a new one might be more of a solution.
Scout

brian_tr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 08:15:20 am »
I found the manual.  It does not say if the tub needs to be empty or not.  I assume it does.  Just changed water.  Guess I will have to wait until next water change to fix.  Would not be that big a deal but it takes me almost 3lbs of ph down to get balance right I am just there now.

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 09:58:34 am »
You can do it while the tub is full.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 12:10:24 pm »
Keep in mind that those jets are waranteed for two years and if it keeps giving trouble after you clean it, have your dealer swap it for a new one.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2004, 12:17:42 pm »
In your instruction manual it should explain how to clean a rotating jet. It tells you to submerge the jet in a bucket of water. Rotate the jets internal nozzle while you move it back and forth allowing water to flow through both ends. This motion allows water to wash through the jet bearings to dislodge debris. You are supposed to do this once or twice a year.  This info came from a Sundance manual.  Hope it helps.  Sometimes I think a new one might be more of a solution.
Scout

My tub uses the same jet, this makes sense.  I have also found manually spinning the jets back and forth, while the jet is running achieves the same effect.  You can also vary the angle of the spinner jet and doing so in the same manner while the jets are running works also.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2004, 12:31:16 pm »
Keep in mind that those jets are waranteed for two years and if it keeps giving trouble after you clean it, have your dealer swap it for a new one.

I thought most major manufacturers put at least 5 years on their jets??  

-Ed

SpaGirl

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2004, 09:19:04 am »
New shopper here,

I had not thought about warrentee's for spas, so the warrentee is broken up into different times for different parts?!?!?

Oh my, this is confusing.  What have I gotten myself into?

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2004, 09:42:14 am »
No need to worry Spagirl. I like you found it almost overwhelming at first. The warranties are broken down into sections much like a car if you will although I hate myself for using that sector as a comparative.

The shell will carry a certain amount of time, as will the pumps, heater, computer board, etc....  The top manufaturers pretty much have fairly similar warranties for their components.  As you do your shopping ask the dealers that you visit to explain each warranty in detail. Make notes as this should help you in your search.

Also there are a number of dealers here who are excellent at clarifying several lines of product in what is covered and for how long.
Asside from the warranty, there is a great post by ZzTop on what to look for and what to ask dealers to help you learn about tubs and discover which dealers you will want to associate yourself with. I'll see if I can find it although others here may get to it faster.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 09:43:41 am by doodoo »

scout045

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2004, 12:26:10 pm »
My dealer was gave us a bag of extra spinning jets,large and small. He said they were fairly inexpensive. But then again I own a Bahia and they don't use the chrome ones.  We swap them around with the fixed jets, and what a difference that makes.  Yes by all means do it when the tub is full.  We find that because we had extras, some of them are much "looser spinning" than others. I told my dealer this and he said to bring back the sticky ones and he would swap them.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2004, 12:41:28 pm »
. The warranties are broken down into sections much like a car if you will although I hate myself for using that sector as a comparative.

Good choice not to make that comparison.  In my experience extended warranties for cars should be rewritten to say,"Things not likely to break are covered. Belts, hoses, and gaskets are not covered nor is anything within 3 feet of a belt, hose or gasket."
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2004, 12:43:25 pm »
My dealer was gave us a bag of extra spinning jets,large and small. He said they were fairly inexpensive. But then again I own a Bahia and they don't use the chrome ones.  We swap them around with the fixed jets, and what a difference that makes.  Yes by all means do it when the tub is full.  We find that because we had extras, some of them are much "looser spinning" than others. I told my dealer this and he said to bring back the sticky ones and he would swap them.

I have the chrome ones and my dealer will accomodate me the same way yours did.  On a couple of cases, I didn't want to swap out a jet, but just buy a couple and I think it was only about $15 each for the larger chrome jet.  

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2004, 01:40:32 pm »
That reminds me of a funny story.  When I first got my grandee I was looking at all the pop-off jets and interchangeable jets, and put them back without either fully snapping them in or fully turning them (because I was going to go back and play later).  Well, later turned out to be MUCH later and I forgot all about it, until a few people were in the tub with me one night and all of a sudden jet parts started dropping off the side of the tub and floating around or sinking to the bottom!  :o

Turned the pumpss off, screwed the jets back on, apologized, resumed drinking.

-Ed

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2004, 01:40:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42