What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Choices on small, potent hot tub?  (Read 3741 times)

v-twinfant

Choices on small, potent hot tub?
« on: May 11, 2017, 04:21:06 am »
Hey all,

In my post yesterday, were there any other brands/models out there that could meet my needs?

I found these, but realize that they are lower tier manufacturers (than my HS Aria), and involve potential risk to ownership satisfaction, but may still consider them under the right circumstance;

Alps Spas Innsbruck XLS,  MAAX 451, Vita Spa Joli, L.A. Spas Allure III

I did notice that Alps Spas are made nearby in Georgia, but there is precious little information available on their products.

Finally, (let me put on my asbestos coveralls for this...) the 'Hot tub university' guy on YouTube offers a fairly convincing, positive spin on Master Spas, but I realize that might be the kind of heresy to cause even Bullfrog loyalists and all others to close ranks and unite against a brand.

Hot Tub Forum

Choices on small, potent hot tub?
« on: May 11, 2017, 04:21:06 am »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Choices on small, potent hot tub?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 02:51:32 pm »
anyone "pitching" a Master Spa is being paid to do so, they are junk and so is the support you receive after the sale...don't take my word for it, do some Googling

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 03:43:03 pm »
Maax, Vita, and LA are all the same manufacturer.  I think that MAAX as a manufacturer is okay at best.  They make a pretty good quality product (I used to carry their swim spas) but the support is absolutely atrocious after the sale.  Warranty is a pain to deal with, and just getting replacement parts was a nightmare (still is.)

Can't comment on Alps, as I have no experience with them.

Master Spas is awful.  The Hot Tub University guy out of Canada?  He is a weird dude.  He has his opinion, and he loves master spas, but realistically, based on his requirements, he would love any of the garbage that Tennessee plant pumps out.

Master Spas as a company is universally despised in the hot tub world for their shady tactics and after sale support.  The spas themselves I would lump in with MAAX quality.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 07:39:13 pm »
anyone "pitching" a Master Spa is being paid to do so, they are junk and so is the support you receive after the sale...don't take my word for it, do some Googling

I wouldn't say Master is junk. I would say they are made for the masses and sold to the masses. Some have great power and great feel but it comes at a cost of noise and power consumption and short reliability. If they were priced where they should be they would be better. I've worked on some 10-15 year old ones that still chugged along after pump, heater and control board replacements. And they were still noisy, and power hungry.
Retired

Sam

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 06:49:40 pm »
The Island Spa Santa Cruz by Artesian is my personal favorite small spa as far as powerful jets and build quality for the price are concerned.  I've never seen another 3 person spa with 3 pumps.  This thing rocks.  If you get it, make sure to add the propure ozone and inline @ease.  It's an expensive little hot tub though and will probably push past $8k or more if you load it up, but if it's in your budget, check it out.  I also like the Dimension One Triad for a powerful little pump.  If I recall though, the Artesian is more powerful.  Haven't felt a triad in awhile though.

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2017, 10:01:33 am »
The Island Spa Santa Cruz by Artesian is my personal favorite small spa as far as powerful jets and build quality for the price are concerned.  I've never seen another 3 person spa with 3 pumps.  This thing rocks.  If you get it, make sure to add the propure ozone and inline @ease.  It's an expensive little hot tub though and will probably push past $8k or more if you load it up, but if it's in your budget, check it out.  I also like the Dimension One Triad for a powerful little pump.  If I recall though, the Artesian is more powerful.  Haven't felt a triad in awhile though.

+1

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2017, 10:01:33 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42