What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Epic or Beachcomber 730  (Read 3850 times)

Dustyn19

Marquis Epic or Beachcomber 730
« on: May 05, 2017, 03:48:01 pm »
So my wife and I decided to upgrade our backyard with a nice hot tub.  We've checked out a few options and have narrowed it down to a Marquis Epic or a Beachcomber 730.  The Beachcomber came in around 14,200 with tax and delivery (this includes the cover lifter, and delivery) and the marquis came in at 13,200 with tax and delivery.  The marquis comes with the micro silk feature, steps, cover lifter, and aquafinesse starter kit. 
We can make both spas work in our budget (they are both at the very top end though).  Do these prices sound reasonable in Ontario Canada? 
Are there any glaring quality differences between the 2?  I'm a little worried about my wife (who absolutely wants the lounger) floating out of either of the 2 lounger seats.   We aren't able to actually test either model as the locations didn't have any in stock but we sat in many with very similar layouts.  It appears as though the marquis has a little more footwell room, and a little more space for 4 bathers to not be too cramped, but hoping some people here can verify that!?
This is harder for us than purchasing a car lol.  I appreciate any opinions or help! 

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis Epic or Beachcomber 730
« on: May 05, 2017, 03:48:01 pm »

castletonia

Re: Marquis Epic or Beachcomber 730
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 05:37:13 pm »
No personal experience with Beachcomber, but I was a Marquis dealer up until this year.  The Epic is an awesome spa.  The H.O.T. Zone therapy is really unique, the Adirondack chair minimizes the likelihood you will float, and the quality is top notch.  That seems like a really good price, especially with Microsilk.  The layout in the Epic is kind of odd, you really are fitting 3 people comfortably.  If you have someone in either of the front seats their legs will overlap the other seats a bit.  There is seat room for 5 but foot/leg room is a little cramped.  I personally like the Resort more than the Epic, but you cannot go wrong in my opinion with the Epic.

Dustyn19

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 08:05:24 pm »
Thanks for the reply!  At the end of the day, we are purchasing the spa for the two of us to unwind at the end of a long day.  The secondary function will be for the occasional guests.  Would you say that the epic is still comfy enough to make the leg room a non issue?  The resort does look very nice as well.  My major concern is that only one of us may like the lounger, and our seating would be restricted. 
Does the epic have any cup holders by any chance? 
The Beachcomber definitely has those, plus a stereo system.  I'm wondering though if that is worth the extra 1k. 
This decision is worse than picking a new deodorant.... lol

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 01:41:04 pm »
Been awhile since I've seen a Beachcomber live and in the flesh, I'd have to believe Marquis is still a slightly more premium brand...I will say it's tough to recommend a lounger if you have no way of actually wet testing one, too risky imo, I'd stick with an open seat design since you may end up pretty unhappy if you and the wife both float in the lounger.  Skip the MicroSilk to save a few more bucks on the Marquis..it has a fancy sales pitch but no actual proven data to back up any of it's claims

MarKee

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 02:30:50 am »
Without a doubt the Epic is the way to go. Beachcomber isn't a bad spa but they have been non-existent in the United States for the last 15 years, which in my opinion has made their designs and innovation pretty stagnant.  Beachcomber still has some dealers in Canada and Europe, but barely any presence in the largest market in the world (US).  Castleonia is right, the Epic adirondack is very comfortable and designed to not float.  I actually own a 2007 Epic (just got out of it 10 minutes ago).  The cabinet material, base, jetting, and water management system are superior on the Marquis in my opinion. As far as the MicroSilk, there are mixed reviews on whether the claims can be proven. I will say that I sell these spas day in and day out, and I have yet to hear a customer say anything negative about the MicroSilk system.  I have soaked in the newer MicroSilk spas and have definitely noticed the softer feel on the skin.  I have had customers claim that it has helped or gotten rid of psoriasis/eczema, some of the other health benefits are harder to substantiate.  The price you are getting on the Epic with those options is quite a bit less than we would sell them for in Oregon right next to the factory, so you are getting a great deal. Good luck in your search, let us know what you end up with. 

Dustyn19

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2017, 08:55:12 am »
Thank you for the replies!  So we wet tested both a Marquis and Beachcomber and pulled the trigger on the Epic Spa. It's going to be an awful long wait until June when our backyard is finished and the spa is delivered!
In the end we chose marquis because the jets felt more therapeutic, the warranty was superior, the layout appears to fit our needs perfectly - and that adarondack lounger should be just what the doctor ordered at the end of a long day.  Not to mention the price compared to beachcomber!

MarKee

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 04:11:37 am »
Congrats, it's a great spa!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 04:11:37 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42