What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Chemicals for Optima / Cameo?  (Read 3763 times)

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
Chemicals for Optima / Cameo?
« on: August 06, 2004, 11:19:13 pm »
Does anyone out there use Bromine with their Optima or Cameo?  We're getting ready to have our Optima delivered (hopefully Thursday...) and we'll be meeting with the dealer to do our "chem class" next week.  We still have to decide what chemicals to use.

The Optima has the built in Brominator that you can add the tablets to and it self dispenses.  Thus, no need to add chemicals after or before every use.  Is there anyone out there using this?  I see lots of comments about Nature2 (SunPurity) and Dichlor but not much on Bromine... Sounds like our dealer is pushing Bromine as the preferred chemical solution.

Thoughts on what we should do?
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Chemicals for Optima / Cameo?
« on: August 06, 2004, 11:19:13 pm »

brian_tr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Chemicals for Optima / Cameo?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2004, 06:10:56 am »
You might want to try what your dealer suggests to start with. You can always change later.   I have the Cameo and have tried several different things.  I have settled on Nature 2 with 2 teaspoons Dichloro after each use.  I personally did not Bromine.  It had an odor to it and I had foaming problems while using it.  Also seemed like I was always fighting my PH.  I also add stain & scale control, water clarifier and use a Non  Chlorine shock once a week all which is what came with my start up kit.  I am going to start shocking with Dichloro.  Bromine is not compatible with Nature 2 and when I shock with the Non Chlorine shock and I have my water tested Bromine shows up on the sheet the give me.  It all seems complicated at first but you will figure it out.  Will probably want to change your water after the first month anyway.  When first starting to use a hot tub  I think you have more oil and stuff come off you and get into the water so after a month it will be time to change the water and then every three or four months after that.  

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 10:38:17 am »
Going for our Chem Class on Wednesday.  Think we're going to go with what the dealer is recommending and use a Bromine solution to start off with.  Our family has been in bromine tubs before and not had any skin issues so I think it's worth a shot as it appears to be a bit easier than managing chlorine...

Tub comes on THURSDAY!!!  Can't wait!

Ken

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 11:42:43 am »
IMO, bromine is more difficult than chlorine.  From what I understand, the brominator in the filter weir gate is not very good for bromine.  An adjustable floater works better.  A better use for the brominator is the SunPurity N2 cartridge.

mjhilb

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2004, 10:44:34 am »
We just had the Optima delivered last week. As far as chemicals, our dealer recommended the Nature 2 cartridge. He said that it cuts down on the chemicals because of that and the ozonator. The only chemicals he said that we need to add are the chlorine a couple times a week and shock. He also told me that the chlorine level can be a little lower because of the Nature 2. I am still keeping my chlorine level at 3 because the water doesnt seem to be as cloudy. After a week of use the water is still crystal clear and all the chem tests are in the normal range.

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2004, 11:28:02 am »
Well... I'm on my way to my 'chem class'...  I'll discuss with the dealer and post what I end up deciding to do.  Either way I can always change if it doesn't work out.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2004, 11:28:02 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42