What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Good Price for Caldera Niagara?  (Read 14887 times)

Zen

Good Price for Caldera Niagara?
« on: May 04, 2007, 11:49:55 pm »
Newbie here and I could use some help.  

I recently wet-tested spas from four dealers after ease-dropping on this forum for over a year!  I told each dealer I would not discuss price until I've wet-tested all of the spas I was considering.  I've decided the Caldera Niagara is my preferred spa.  As such, I emailed the dealer a list of addiitonal questions and a few of those questions are below -- the dealer's answers are immediately after the questions:

1. What is the MSRP price for the 2007 Caldera Niagra? $10,899
2. What is the invoice price for the 2007 model? $9,899
3. What is the invoice price, plus dealer mark-up for the 2007 model assuming a cash payment in full? $9,899
4. What additional items are you going to include with my spa purchase? Your spa purchase includes Premium Hard Cover, Deluxe Water treatment kit, Steps, Cover-lifter, Full Delivery to a pre-pared site, G.F.C.I. box needed for the electrical hook up of the spa, C.D. Ozone system and a spa orientation in your home when you have the spa hooked up and running.
5. What is the span of time from purchase to delivery? Approximately a week depending on the day that you want
6. When a service call is made, what's the average dispatch time? For any new product just delivered, if there is problem with it we will have someone out to the house to fix it with in 24 hours. If it a normal call it is less than a week.

So in hindsight, I'm thinking my questions 3 and 4 weren't worded quite right.  That said, is $9,899 a good price for the Niagara or does "invoice" mean that I should actually be negotiating something less than $9,899? :-/

Hot Tub Forum

Good Price for Caldera Niagara?
« on: May 04, 2007, 11:49:55 pm »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Re: Good Price for Caldera Niagara?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 12:43:27 am »
The Niagara is a fine spa. I'm not sure if he is clear on what you meant by invoice pricing. I'm assuming you wanted to know what he paid for the spa from the Mothership. That cost is ussually sacred in the spa business.

His price seems fair from what I've heard. Prices vary by location and local economics. Sounds like you are taking a very analytical approach. You'll forget about the price once you take it home. Good luck with your purchase.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 08:46:03 am »
Cutie with a bootie,

From what I've seen in the past, $8000-$9000 is the price range of the Niagara.  There are a few Caldera dealers who frequent this site that may be able to shed some more light.

Cheers,

Chad

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 09:52:41 am »
That is about what I paid, give or take $100  Included the same stuff.

Great Tub. :)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 10:38:12 am »
Why aren't you happy with question 4?

The extra's you are getting  are the steps, and lifter and delivery.  I belive (and I could be wrong) the "spa" from the mother ship only includes the tub, the  cover and the sub panel GFCI box.  Everything else, such as steps, lifter, delivery  etc, are extra and part of an individual dealers bundeling/packaging and soley at the dealers discretion.

The CD ozinator is a standard feature on the tub. Why he lists it out seperate is strange. (Wants to list it out when you compare other tubs, as depending on the manufactuer, it may not be included? that's my guess).

I think, from what I've been reading the $9800 price is a bit high.   Have you shopped around? What else can 9800 get you in your area?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 10:41:57 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 10:08:23 pm »
Newbie here and I could use some help.  

I recently wet-tested spas from four dealers after ease-dropping on this forum for over a year!  I told each dealer I would not discuss price until I've wet-tested all of the spas I was considering.  I've decided the Caldera Niagara is my preferred spa.  As such, I emailed the dealer a list of addiitonal questions and a few of those questions are below -- the dealer's answers are immediately after the questions:

1. What is the MSRP price for the 2007 Caldera Niagra? $10,899
2. What is the invoice price for the 2007 model? $9,899
3. What is the invoice price, plus dealer mark-up for the 2007 model assuming a cash payment in full? $9,899
4. What additional items are you going to include with my spa purchase? Your spa purchase includes Premium Hard Cover, Deluxe Water treatment kit, Steps, Cover-lifter, Full Delivery to a pre-pared site, G.F.C.I. box needed for the electrical hook up of the spa, C.D. Ozone system and a spa orientation in your home when you have the spa hooked up and running.
5. What is the span of time from purchase to delivery? Approximately a week depending on the day that you want
6. When a service call is made, what's the average dispatch time? For any new product just delivered, if there is problem with it we will have someone out to the house to fix it with in 24 hours. If it a normal call it is less than a week.

So in hindsight, I'm thinking my questions 3 and 4 weren't worded quite right.  That said, is $9,899 a good price for the Niagara or does "invoice" mean that I should actually be negotiating something less than $9,899? :-/

Spa's aren't like cars so there really is NO "invoice" price and there is no "hold back" (also very car-related ways of costing products).  Actual "cost" on the Caldera you are asking about is $6,483.00   Surprised?  You should not be.  The reality is that Spa dealers are like any other retail establishment.  They have varying mark up's based on transportation cost tot he store, electricity to keep the lights on, colume of Spa's sold per month/week/year, etc.  So your REAL question should be..."What is the MARKET/STRET price of this Spa"...Answer there appears to be a low of around $8K with most paying over that and some paying up to $9,500 (apparently)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 10:09:03 pm by ndabunka »
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

tomsem

• 2010 Caldera Niagra
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 01:07:28 pm »
      Hi Zen.  

I am a Niagra owner and love the tub.  As Gomboman said, prices differ due to locale  so it would be beneficial to get a more localized report to where you live.  You may not be able to get a dealer to match what others got in a "cheaper market" elsewhere.

As a general report, I live in South Dakota and ended up right in the middle(8.5K) of WHYNOT's range (8K to 9K) for the same setup. I got it last fall.  Of course that was for the 2006 model and I am sure there is markup every year, too.  The advertised price was right at about 10K.

Hope that helps you and good luck in your dealings!  

jimmerz

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2017, 10:46:52 pm »
Fast forward 10 years!

I am looking at a 2017 Caldera Niagra and out the door price is $14,025  We can get the same price on the Geneva if we decide we would like a lounger???

Have not been able to wet test either, we did wet test the Tahitian and really liked it, but thought we might want one a little bigger/deeper like the Niagra or Geneva.  If a dealer has a tub on the floor, will they fill it with water so you can wet test or NO?

Thanks.

castletonia

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 08:27:07 am »
Price depends on what your tax rate is and what is included with the spa.  I am at $11,500 before tax including Prolift II, Polymer Step, chemical, and local delivery.  The Ecotech steps we charge extra for.  We are also an in-ground pool builder and are more aggressive on pricing than you should expect from a hot tub only retailer.  I would think you could probably get that price down another $500 but it all depends on your dealer.  If you are on the East coast, shipping would be higher which will affect the price.

A dealer should fill any spa you want to wet test, but again, its at their discretion. 

jimmerz

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2017, 04:12:40 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply!

Yeah that price was taxes, lift cover, steps, chemicals, delivery and set up.  It's just a little more than I wanted to spend and we haven't wet tested it.  (If we are serious about the Niagra I will ask if they can fill it).

We plan on wet testing a BULLFROG R7.  That one was pretty much out the door at $10,300 including all the same things (steps, cover lifter, taxes, delivery and set up).  Plus 60 month financing at 0%  That puts me in a more comfortable payment.

Now I need to go find BULLFROG reviews....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2017, 04:12:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42