What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Phoenix spas  (Read 14460 times)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Phoenix spas
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2004, 05:40:20 pm »
BTW, could you guys imagine wanting to go to work everyday at a factory that looked like that?!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2004, 05:40:20 pm »

Ready2Buy1

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2004, 06:37:42 pm »
Yikes...I have seen junk yards that are cleaner and more organized that that!

Wonder if that's where the "scratch, dent, scorched, burnt, toasted, melted, baked and nuked" warehouse sale models come from?

Spa_Tech

• Independent Spa technician
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2004, 10:11:36 pm »
I suppose since Phoenix is in my backyard, and those are the photos I took, the responsibility for filling in the details also falls on me.

I’m generally reluctant to dispense this information, as my truck has been vandalized on more than one occasion and I’m not really keen on upping the stakes.

Here it is anyway-

September 2002- Fire breaks out. Causes $30,000.00 worth of damage. Story appears in the local paper. Link below.

http://archive.redding.com/story.asp?StoryID={DE73876A-3C76-4538-AA25-FE8C15846C18}

August 2003- EPA fines Phoenix Spas Is fined more than $21,000.00 for not filing required paperwork. Story appears in local paper. Link below.

http://archive.redding.com/story.asp?StoryID={61DA198A-12E2-4D25-B3B4-F12348A6913C}

There was a fire that predated the first Record Searchlight story above, which occurred some time in 2000-possibly 2001. No story appeared in the R/S archive. And as recently as the last week of July, I heard of another incident in which a tank of flammable material- (presumably resin) was ignited.

Other recent news involved the INS making a visit to the plant- Which was the impetus for a rather large and sudden employee turnover- No story could be found in the R/S archive, but has been substantiated by two sources- One a customer of mine, as well as a former Phoenix employee.

And finally, I ran into a friend of mine from my high school days at a local grocery store- Catching up with each other, he discovered I was in the spa industry and asked if I dealt with Phoenix. As it turns out, he'd worked in the cabinet shop and lost two fingers to a table saw without a blade guard. The OSHA recordable incident according to this friend went unreported by Phoenix for three weeks.

As for the pictures- These were taken to illustrate to industry professionals that a certain internet retailer was either unaware of the conditions at the factory or simply lying about them. Two sets were taken in 2002- the first in June, the second in November. Since they are not really copyrighted material and have been broadly distributed in spa circles of the internet I have no control over where and how they are distributed or how they are perceived. No future pictures are forthcoming- or necessary... things have not improved perceivably.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2004, 07:38:37 am »
Stuart

I was sorta busy yesterday, and couldn't find the links to the fires.  But it looks like Spatech found them.
Thanks!
Brewman
« Last Edit: August 06, 2004, 07:39:06 am by Brewman »
Brewman

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2004, 11:41:51 am »
Spa Tech,
You Da Man! Thanks, this info will not only help me with the dealer but with a fair I will be working soon. It's no wonder Jim A. associates with them; it would be like being the most important man in the trailer park!

Hey Brewman,
Thanks for the effort, I'm confused though I thought everyone here had no life other than to stay glued to the computer screen and answer posts! ;D

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2004, 12:09:22 pm »
Ya know! Looking at hose pics. Saw the ones that were previously posted, and I find it amazing how they can continue in business and hold their head up high.

For my part Next time I need to go the LA I plan on extending to visit Sunance's plant. When I called them before purchasing about the possibility of doing so they said, no problem. just let us know in advance.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2004, 12:21:53 pm »
If you look at the sundance website, they have a picture of what appears to be their HQ.  
Looks just a tick nicer than the Phoenix digs.

If you do visit there, let me know how it goes.  I'd be curious to see it myself, if I ever get to that part of the USA.

Brewman
Brewman

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2004, 02:03:24 pm »
If you're going to do that, you should tour the HotSpring plant as well. The two companies are head-and-shoulders above any other plant I have seen.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2004, 02:10:14 pm »
[/quote]
[/quote]

Perhaps somebody ordered a "Tan" one.lol
¿

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2004, 03:17:54 pm »
Is the one by the building waiting to go in the frame shop? Maybe thier moving the molds back out so they have room to start building cabinets!

doodoo

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2004, 04:01:47 pm »
If you're going to do that, you should tour the HotSpring plant as well. The two companies are head-and-shoulders above any other plant I have seen.

I do a lot of travelling in North America. Can you tell me where HotSprings' plant  is located? I looked at their web site could'nt find it.

doodoo

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2004, 04:02:05 pm »

I do a lot of travelling in North America. Can you tell me where HotSprings' plant  is located? I looked at their web site could'nt find it.

Sorry for the re-post. Hit the button to quick over here. And I even have'nt had a beer yet. LOL!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2004, 04:02:57 pm by doodoo »

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2004, 04:02:59 pm »
...DISCLAIMER
     SPA MUST BE COMPLETELY COVERED WITH AN INSULATING SPA COVER AT ALL TIMES WHEN NOT IN USE. FAILURE TO DO SO COULD CAUSE DAMAGE TO SPA SURFACE AND VOID THE WARRANTY.

Per Pheonix Spas website.

I wonder how they tell if the damage was done before or after purchase.  Seems to me like they would always have proof that the spa wasn't covered accordingly.
¿

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2004, 04:17:31 pm »

1280 Park Center Drive
Vista, CA 92083
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2004, 09:27:08 pm »

Just drive around Vista, CA until you see a big fancy building with all of those people standing out front!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2004, 09:27:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42