What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help new owner of a hot tub with a leak  (Read 2137 times)

searider

Help new owner of a hot tub with a leak
« on: April 23, 2017, 09:13:18 pm »
Hello I have a 1997 Catalina hot tub that came with our house and have been trying to get all the info on how to keep it running. but first I have a clear hose that is broken and leaking water out. how do I fix it  :-\ right now the tub is empty for the second time.  and I know the model is a 100/75 I would like it if any one has a manual on it? need to learn the names of the hoses and wiring map.  It is 8ft by 8ft How much water does it hold? what is the normal ph leave it should be at?  where is the heater? How do you clean the jets? how do you get it to 105 with out going back down? how does the water flow in it? as you can see I'm trying to learn all I can about it. we did start it up after I cleaned it and filled it with fresh water and it does work but then we say that the water always went down by the next day and we had to fill it again about 4 to 5 inches of water, then we took the sides off and found water flowing out the bottom from a clear hose be hind the pipe with many bigger hoses coming off it. Then I need to know how to put more foam back on it to insulate it up?  just need in put HELP!!! :'( :-[

Hot Tub Forum

Help new owner of a hot tub with a leak
« on: April 23, 2017, 09:13:18 pm »

spcial_k

Re: Help new owner of a hot tub with a leak
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 01:29:48 pm »
Hey, i'm new to the hot tub world as well. I've currently fixing and getting my hot tub back into prestige condition.

You have too many questions in your post for one person to answer them all properly. The most crucial part of your hot tub is the plumbing now. Like any plumbing problem, you have to fix the leak first. Where is the leak? at a connection (T, elbow, jet) or is the leak on the pipe? If the leak is at a connection, you will have to cut it out and retrofit the connection. if the leak is on the pipe you can get a coupler and cut the pipe in half and couple the two pipes together. Fixing the leak is the most important thing to do at the time being.

i've seen people turn their tubs on the sides to fix the plumbing.(obviously you'll need some muscle to get it up on it's side)

JacuzziJack

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 07:45:04 pm »
Nobody's really going to be able to tell you where the leak is, even with pictures. What I would suggest is go to youtube and type in "Hot tub leak' and start watching videos. The Spaguy has a lot of repair videos and also sells parts. If you watch his and other videos ...as many as you can. I'm sure after that you will be armed with enough information to feel comfortable repairing your hot tub leaks. Yours might be really easy to fix. In the mean time, you will also learn information on how to keep yours going, and even look into some potential problems that often go wrong that you can check out BEFORE problems occur. With the right amount of knowhow, a person should be able to keep a hot tub operating almost forever. Give it a try anyway..

Best of luck!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 07:48:37 pm by JacuzziJack »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 07:45:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42