What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The Perseids are coming! The Perseids are coming!  (Read 4875 times)

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
The Perseids are coming! The Perseids are coming!
« on: August 09, 2004, 04:39:11 pm »
Actually, they are already here! Last Sat. night around 11:30 while tubbing, we saw 8 shooting stars in about 25 minutes. This Thursday in the wee hours of the morning, the Perseid meteor shower will be at it's height. Check out the details at

http://skyandtelescope.com/observing/objects/meteors/article_1289_1.asp

This will be our first meteor shower in our tub and we are stoked! Happy tubbin'!
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

The Perseids are coming! The Perseids are coming!
« on: August 09, 2004, 04:39:11 pm »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: The Perseids are coming! The Perseids are comi
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 06:27:06 pm »
[glb]AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH[/glb]

;D

McKevin

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 01:01:11 am »
Ahhh, to sit in my tub &  see stars.  Wouldn't that be great!
Unfortunately our city fathers decided that our street needs to be very well lit.  I have 3 (count-em 3) street lights in my yard, I can go anywhere on my property and read 24 hours a day.  Great security, but sucks for stargazing...
k, I'm done whining.  sorry...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 01:12:59 am »
Yeah, we live in a relatively small town - 120,000 - but they light it up like Tokyo.

We can drive to a fine dark-sky place in about a half-hour, but I must say it would be real nice to be able to gaze in the backyard.

Maybe you should put up some photo-voltaic panels to offset your power bill?

Just a thought.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2004, 07:49:22 am »
Yeah, we live in a relatively small town - 120,000 - but they light it up like Tokyo.

Ok, who has the most light polluted yard? On a no moon clear night the dimmest star I can see is 3.9 magnitude at the zenith and barely 2 at the horizons. Columbus is the worst lit city in the country to me, By worst I mean they spend gobs of money to light everthing, but it beems up in the sky.  Two neighborhood strip clubs rent those damm search lights. I know when I'm driving down the road and see a search light, I think of strip clubs first!
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2004, 11:27:40 am »

Yeah we do too, mine is 16,000 LOL. I know I'll be able to see the stars great if there's no cloud cover.

Thanks windsurfdog for letting us know about this.

Spahappy

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2004, 11:42:31 am »
Your quite welcome, spahappy.  Unfortunately, it looks as though TS Bonnie (maybe Hurricane Bonnie) may spoil the show for us here in Florida's panhandle. :'(  Looks like the first TS/Hurricane test for the new tub may be just around the corner.  We'll know more tomorrow.....
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2004, 12:11:26 pm »
Surprisingly, we can see a lot of stars from our house!  Of course, we live close to a lake, so the light pollution isn't as big of a problem.  I can't give details like wmccall, but we position the telescope in the front yard and gaze away!!!  Of course, the mosquitos usually end up chasing me inside!!!

wmccall,  the car dealerships around here rent those stupid spot lights!  Ugh!  I hate them!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2004, 03:38:35 pm »
I suggest we all move to Sedona Arizona ........ Not a SINGLE street light, and all signage lighting (and even porch lights) is regulated so as not to interfere with the night sky.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2004, 03:39:29 pm by lets »
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2004, 05:51:55 pm »
I suggest we all move to Sedona Arizona ........ Not a SINGLE street light.
Big deal, so they have all Married street lights.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Buckeye

• Jacuzzi J-365 Owner
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2004, 08:21:15 pm »

Columbus is the worst lit city in the country to me, By worst I mean they spend gobs of money to light everthing, but it beems up in the sky.  

Bill,

You right - it's really lit up in the city.  I'm in Hilliard (a suburb of C-Bus).  We're lucky not having too many lights in our particular neighborhood.  However, I was spoiled when it comes to stargazing while growing up.  I lived about a mile OUTSIDE of a 2-stoplight town of a whopping metropolis population of approx. 4,300.  As teens we would lay down flat in the middle of the streets in our neighborhood and watch awesome meteor showers.  I swear that I think I could even see some slow moving satelites - sounds crazy, but I think we did.  Oh yeah, back to laying in the street... I know it sounded dangerous laying in the street, but we could not only see the lights of an approaching car from a long distance, but you could hear the car a mile away.
The good old days...
Enjoy that meteor shower - those of you lucky enough to be able to from your hot tubs ;D ;D ;D

Buckeye

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2004, 08:21:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42