What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Green sticky scum line  (Read 2635 times)

Poppabear

Green sticky scum line
« on: April 22, 2017, 09:18:07 am »
Hello again!  Thanks  for all the help on the last post.

I have recently found a new issue with my new hot tub. After using the jets on high for 15 to 30 minutes the next morning I find a green kind of tacky scum line. The green is almost like the color of the Statue of Liberty.
 I have read elsewhere that it may be part of the manufacturing process and the metals and what not coming out of the plumbing and motors and pumps and what not.  But in my case it's almost feels sticky. Could it be a mix of water chemistry and chemicals that I'm using? Or is it because this is a new tub on its first fill of water?

Thanks in advance
P

Hot Tub Forum

Green sticky scum line
« on: April 22, 2017, 09:18:07 am »

richierich

Re: Green sticky scum line
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 11:34:01 am »
Probably a mixture of makeup, lotion, hair products.

bud16415

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 11:41:49 am »
I agree with the above. After a couple years with our tub and watching the water chemistry and things like scum rings and such when just the two of us are using it and showering and going in au natural there is never a problem. If we use swimsuits that we just rinse and no soap products no problem. When we have guests even if we warn them about swimsuits and body oils and hair products they mostly don’t get it and after a hour of so in the tub the next day I take a micro fiber cloth and go over the ring and then shock the tub. That night after heavy usage I hit it a little harder than normal with chlorine. The shock and the wipe down seems to solve the problem. Sometimes I will rinse the filters also as the waxy stuff comes off best with hot water sooner than later.   

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 11:41:49 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42