What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Necessary Supplies???  (Read 2380 times)

firsttimebuyer

Necessary Supplies???
« on: April 16, 2017, 09:31:30 am »
After what felt like an exhaustive search (in reality only a few weeks) we've ordered a Jacuzzi J-385. We have a paver pad and electric being installed this coming week and hoping to get the tub this next weekend.

With that said, any recommendations on supplies to have on hand for a first time owner? The dealer is roughly 45 minutes away so unfortunately it won't be convenient to just stop in for chemicals or other items. They will provide startup chemicals that will last me a bit, but i'd like to have any other items on hand for once those run out.

Beyond the chemicals themselves, any suggestions on any other must have items? We'll eventually want a booster seat. Anyone have a specific brand they recommend over others? I also live in a very hot climate (Phoenix), so I know i'm likely only going to get about a month of use out of the tub before it's just too hot to use regularly. Any recommendations on how to handle the tub during those 100+ degree months beyond turning the heater off?

Anyone have a favorite umbrella?

Ok, i know that was a lot of questions. We're definitely excited and tend to go overboard, but i'm the type that likes to be prepared. Thanks everyone

Hot Tub Forum

Necessary Supplies???
« on: April 16, 2017, 09:31:30 am »

bud16415

Re: Necessary Supplies???
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 07:40:07 am »
If you live in the Phoenix area your dealer might be 45 minutes away but you must have a pool supply store much closer than that to stop in for supplies. The first few months there is a learning curve and you will figure out what you need and where to get your supplies. My son lives in Phoenix and I agree mid-summer you won’t want to be in a heated tub during the day, but at night I could see using one quite a bit. Have the heat off for the hot months or set low for night star gazing. The side overhanging umbrellas that crank up would be nice for shade there. Can’t help you much on a brand as where we live we try and keep the snow off ours.

Good luck and enjoy.   

Chartreux

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 02:07:36 pm »
Get that spa handle, its a must! it goes under the spa so have them possibly add it in...and a cover lifter...

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 03:20:01 pm »
After what felt like an exhaustive search (in reality only a few weeks) we've ordered a Jacuzzi J-385. We have a paver pad and electric being installed this coming week and hoping to get the tub this next weekend.

With that said, any recommendations on supplies to have on hand for a first time owner? The dealer is roughly 45 minutes away so unfortunately it won't be convenient to just stop in for chemicals or other items. They will provide startup chemicals that will last me a bit, but i'd like to have any other items on hand for once those run out.

Beyond the chemicals themselves, any suggestions on any other must have items? We'll eventually want a booster seat. Anyone have a specific brand they recommend over others? I also live in a very hot climate (Phoenix), so I know i'm likely only going to get about a month of use out of the tub before it's just too hot to use regularly. Any recommendations on how to handle the tub during those 100+ degree months beyond turning the heater off?

Anyone have a favorite umbrella?

Ok, i know that was a lot of questions. We're definitely excited and tend to go overboard, but i'm the type that likes to be prepared. Thanks everyone

Towels and wine.
Retired

39lasalle

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 04:02:33 pm »
Spa vac, maybe...we usw ours weekly.

richierich

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 07:43:07 pm »
Extra set of filters.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 07:43:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42