What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Optima Circ pump and ozone prob  (Read 2707 times)

mjhilb

Optima Circ pump and ozone prob
« on: August 09, 2004, 12:48:31 pm »
Well, finally got my Optima delivered last week. Worked great over the weekend and now my 24 circ pump and ozone arent working. The water was crystal clear before and now it seems to be cloudy.  I have a call into the dealers service dept about the prob. I was wondering what would cause this to happen or should i chalk it up to being a new tub and it being the 1st service call that i need after delivery. Any input is appreciated
« Last Edit: August 09, 2004, 12:49:22 pm by mjhilb »

Hot Tub Forum

Optima Circ pump and ozone prob
« on: August 09, 2004, 12:48:31 pm »

Snuggles

Re: Optima Circ pump and ozone prob
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 01:44:38 pm »
Not sure if this will help but I own a Jacuzzi with 24 circ, and ozone. If you set the temperature below what the outside ambient tempertures are the tub will shut-off the circulation pump to avoid raising the temperture further. I live in NY and the tub will easily reach 100 via sunlight alone. I set my tub to 100 on "Economy Mode" which prevents the tub from constantly maintaining this temperature. I think on some tubs they call it "Summer Mode". Check your owners manual or call the dealer if it's not easily resolved. I just ran into this recently when a friend of mine turned the tub temp to 85 thinking this would cool down the tub (Duh). I noticed after a few days cloudy water due to the tub not filtering/ozonating.  Good Luck.

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 04:37:23 pm »
The circuit board may be getting some interferance from the ozone.  Turn the power off to the spa, unplug the ozone, and turn the spa back on.  Wait untill the next day and see if the circ pump is running.  If that works, please let us know and I can tell you how to remedy this.

mjhilb

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 04:10:04 pm »
I had the Sundance guy come out today and look at the Optima. The Circ pump and ozonator were actually running today. I called to cancel the appt but too late. It turns out the spa was running in summer mode which turns off the circ and ozonator when the water temp is 2 degrees higher than the set temp. It would have been nice for them to explain that to me on the phone before sending someone out.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 04:10:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42