What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: DreamMaker crossover 730L  (Read 7283 times)

rob6894

DreamMaker crossover 730L
« on: April 12, 2017, 01:15:41 pm »
I am very interested in the Dreammaker 730L tub. has anyone here seen this tub in action? any info would be very helpful.

Thank You,
Rob

Hot Tub Forum

DreamMaker crossover 730L
« on: April 12, 2017, 01:15:41 pm »

aarron

Re: DreamMaker crossover 730L
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 08:28:10 pm »
I was just about to post the same question.  Ive heard good things but would love to hear from someone who owns one, or knows the reliability of the manufacturer. Looking at a 1 yr old 730L

MarKee

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 10:08:47 pm »
They're decent for what they are, if it was me and I was buying a new spa I would look in to the Marquis Broadway, it will be in the same price range.  Similar size, plumbing done better and less prone to leaking, acrylic shell vs polyurethane, better dealer support in most areas.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 02:44:56 pm »
Markee, could you please check your message box? I sent you a PM and I know sometimes we don't notice there is a message.  Thanks, Boni :)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

rob6894

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 01:58:16 am »
Any one know anything about this tub? Any first hand experience with the tub would be much appreciated as I have herd from someone in passing that it is a nice tub and very comfortable but can not find much by way of review on this tub. I am looking to make a decision on one of the tubs below very soon and would like to know the pros and cons of each.  Thank you

Dreammaker 730l 2 pumps 240v

South seas 748l 2 pumps 240v

Caldera Marino 2 pump 240v

Caldera Tariono 1 pump 240v (I frown on the one pump but like the fact that it has two loungers)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 01:32:43 am by rob6894 »

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 12:37:45 pm »
DreamMaker is not in the same league as the South Seas & Caldera:  Acrylic vs Roto.  Not passing judgement on any of the 3 brands, just different when you compare Roto and Acrylic, as they tend to focus on completely different things and thus are not apples to apples.

I sell the South Seas product and have found them (both the tub and the manufacturer) to be refreshingly reliable.  I'll leave it to others to expound upon DreamMaker & Caldera. 

Before you break down the units, sit in them dry and wet test if possible and let that make your decision.  If that doesn't eliminate anything, check out the dealer and see if they are reputable. 

Then, after doing those things, if your answer isn't self-evident, you may want to do a deep-dive on the differences.

Just my opinion.  I am sure others will be happy to give you a different perspective, as there are many knowledgeable contributors on this forum.

rob6894

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 10:44:58 am »
Has anyone seen the crossover in action. I would just love to hear from some one that has some experience with this tub. I did get to see the tub first hand and it is nice. That said I would like to hear from someon that has experience with the tub or at least seen it in action?

Thanks,
Rob

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 12:23:40 pm »
Has anyone seen the crossover in action. I would just love to hear from some one that has some experience with this tub. I did get to see the tub first hand and it is nice. That said I would like to hear from someon that has experience with the tub or at least seen it in action?

Thanks,
Rob

I have never sat in it but have seen one filled and running.  To me Jet action wasn't very impressive

dublindara

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2018, 04:59:10 pm »
I feel as if I should offer some feedback having bought a Crossover 730L just under 2 years ago.
It worked reliably until it stopped heating recently and I've been on the phone with Dreammaker quite a few times, replaced a heater at the weekend (that didn't work) and now have to replace a mother board (hopefully will work). The warranty is only 12 months on components and I'm out almost $400 now as they won't take back the heater as it's considered used now.
I did have an initial issue with the finish of the tub (gritty) and Dreammaker sent someone out to smoothen it and that seemed to work.
Anyway, can't say I can recommend this tub or not as I'm not sure what the competition is like, but I'd like to see a better warranty as I was not expecting to be spending this kind of money on such a new tub.

Sam

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2018, 04:46:36 pm »
You'll get a much better warranty with South Seas and Caldera which are both more reputable manufacturers.  I would them both in my list of top manufacturers.  Dreammaker has a pretty iffy reputation for a reason.  As stated above, the South Seas and Caldera are in a totally different class.  If prices are similar, I would totally eliminate the dreammaker.  It may be worth it if you are saving thousands, but at the same price it's a no brainer. 

I personally have experience with Caldera (very little) and South Seas (extensive) and can say without a doubt both brands build reliable, energy efficient spas and good support for the dealer and customer.  They also both offer the inline @ease system which is a fantastic low chemical/low maintenance program and I would strongly encourage you to add that on to your purchase. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2018, 04:46:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42