What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Fill holes in tub surround?  (Read 2450 times)

renormalize

Fill holes in tub surround?
« on: April 12, 2017, 11:45:31 am »
I just changed the lifter and put a new cover on my Bullfrog R6L hot tub.  What’s the best way to fill the screw holes in the plastic skirt panels left from the old lifter and cover latches?  (I’m looking for a filler/caulk/putty/plug that’s weather-proof and blends decently with the reddish-brown “wood-look” panels.)

Hot Tub Forum

Fill holes in tub surround?
« on: April 12, 2017, 11:45:31 am »

bud16415

Re: Fill holes in tub surround?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 12:22:59 pm »
 I have taken wood fillers Plastic wood types and added stain to match a surface. Go to the hardware or paint store and they will have assortments of fillers in many shades. You may find the perfect match or you may find two that you can mix to even get a better match. Check the label for outside use.   

39lasalle

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 06:20:00 pm »
We have the driftwood color...when i change oir lifter on the next refill, I am going to swap the panels to the least obvious and fill with gray RTV

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 06:24:55 pm »
I just changed the lifter and put a new cover on my Bullfrog R6L hot tub.  What’s the best way to fill the screw holes in the plastic skirt panels left from the old lifter and cover latches?  (I’m looking for a filler/caulk/putty/plug that’s weather-proof and blends decently with the reddish-brown “wood-look” panels.)

Red RTV might be a good enough match also. You can buy it in little tubes.
Retired

JacuzziJack

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 07:32:24 pm »
The above processes sound good. You could also use some black headed screws (if it's dark exterior), or some polished stainless screws which would look decorative

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 07:32:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42