What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bonding Question  (Read 1709 times)

smrgolfer

Bonding Question
« on: April 09, 2017, 04:13:14 pm »
This is my first hot tub, so excuse my ignorance.

Have a Jacuzzi J-245 being delivered next week. I have an area that's been professionally leveled with crushed stone down and compacted. We're going to put an EZ Pad on it. I know there are some mixed feelings on the EZ Pad, but that's already been bought.

My question is this: do I still need to put a bonding wire around the tub?

Thanks - this is my first tub so I'm sure I'll be back to this site a few times this summer looking for more advice.

Hot Tub Forum

Bonding Question
« on: April 09, 2017, 04:13:14 pm »

Beck0101

Re: Bonding Question
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 10:47:09 am »
I think it's going to depend on where you live and what the codes are.  My tub is not bonded and is on a deck...

bud16415

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 12:05:52 pm »
Most Commercial hot tubs don’t have conductive parts and ladders and such going into the ground that would require bonding. The biggest code requirement would be a GFCI breaker sub panel within eye sight of the tub and not closer than 5’ measured from the closest point between the enclosure box and the water’s edge. I like to see them mounted in an easy to get to location and fairly high so small children won’t find them interesting.

They mention if there is a steel inner frame or band that connects the wooden staves in a classic tub need not be bonded.

Mine also sits on a wooden deck and no additional bonding was added. I would assume it to be the same for a EZ Pad.     

smrgolfer

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 03:57:50 pm »
Thanks to you both!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 03:57:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42