What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My Dillema  (Read 2740 times)

clicketyclack

My Dillema
« on: April 08, 2017, 09:55:01 am »
So I am having my new Hot Tub delivered and installed on April 12th, and am leaving for an 8 day vacation on the 13th.  I's really like to use it the day it is installed, but I am worried that filling it right away then not attending to it for over a week may cause some problems.  Would I be better off not filling it and simply enjoying it when I get back from my trip?

Hot Tub Forum

My Dillema
« on: April 08, 2017, 09:55:01 am »

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
Re: My Dillema
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 10:55:38 am »
Simple answer is yes.

bud16415

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 12:24:08 pm »
if you do fill it, takes 24 hours to heat up.

clicketyclack

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 12:37:15 pm »
I would fill it with hot water, so heating up wouldn't be an issue.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 12:42:57 pm »
I would fill it with hot water, so heating up wouldn't be an issue.

I wouldn't do that. Lot of debris can be in the bottom of that water heater that will then be put in tub. How big is your tub and how big is your water heater?  If the tub is 400 gallons or so and your water heater is only 75-100 gallons it won't make that much of a difference

bud16415

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 02:49:00 pm »
Most home water heaters are 40 or 50 gallon. I use hot to top the tub off but wouldn't try filling it with it. 

Pers Onal

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 03:09:07 pm »
I wouldn't bother trying to do so.

Umm, my wife handles duties of refilling when we change the water.

Once empty, takes a while to fill then add chemicals over half a day. And has to come up to temp.

We usually figure out of service for the day on a refill.

Also, if there is a problem of some sort (and sometimes there is when you move these things) you won't be able to have time to deal with it before you depart. Granted, most problems arise when moving an older tub. However, sometimes there are issues with a new one.

Not to mention, it wouldn't be the first time someone had installation issues with a new tub.

Take your time, don't push it.

clicketyclack

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2017, 04:07:19 pm »
Well it looks like I will be waiting until I get back to use the tub. 

Regarding filling it with hot water I have a pretty powerful tankless water heater that can power up to 3 showers at once, would that make things any different?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2017, 03:55:15 pm »
Well it looks like I will be waiting until I get back to use the tub. 

Regarding filling it with hot water I have a pretty powerful tankless water heater that can power up to 3 showers at once, would that make things any different?

Gas or electric?
Retired

clicketyclack

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2017, 05:44:42 pm »
Gas

bud16415

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2017, 08:32:59 am »
Even if I had a supply of 103 water to fill a tub and jump right in and try it out if I knew I was leaving for 2 weeks I would wait till I got back. The first couple week with a new tub usage will be higher than you may ever use it after and you are learning all the tips and tricks of maintaining it. Also I would want to be around just in case it has any new tub problems. I also understand the desire to try it out. We had ours delivered and I had power to it within an hour and it filled with water within 3 hours. Then the long day wait for it to heat up and just being able to play with the lights and pumps until the next day.

Good luck I think it is showing up today. Hope we get a report. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2017, 08:32:59 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42