What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa on Wood Deck  (Read 4032 times)

AngelM

Spa on Wood Deck
« on: August 06, 2004, 04:35:36 pm »
Has anyone had any problems with condensation/water damage to their wood deck underneath a spa? ???

Hot Tub Forum

Spa on Wood Deck
« on: August 06, 2004, 04:35:36 pm »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: Spa on Wood Deck
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 06:00:25 pm »
If the deck is treated properly for outdoor conditions such as rain, UV and snow, the tub won't do any additional damage.

Any concerns would be more from a structural viewpoint.

Steve

AngelM

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 10:09:27 pm »
We tripled coated our new deck, so I'm covered.... ;D
We also had the deck built to support the tub.  On the corner we'll place the hot tub it has 4 6x6 posts and double 2x12's.  I think we're good to go.  Thanks for the feedback.  

Angel ;)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2004, 01:17:40 am »
Yes, I have had some spas that did damage to the decks they were sitting on. But they were all over 10 years old at the time, and the rest of the deck was ready for some help anyway.

You should be fine.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 03:49:19 pm »
Hi Angel:

I put my 8X8 Artesian spa on a salt treated (the lumber was green, no top coat) deck in 1999 and moved it in 2003.  The lumber beneath was as new as the day I put it down.

The spa did have a PVC bottom.

Hope this helps...

8)
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

wetone

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2004, 04:01:22 pm »
Drewski,

How do you like the piper glen?

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2004, 10:40:32 am »
Hey Wetone:

Thanks for asking.  I LOVE my tub.  I recently moved and almost sold the tub with the old house (thinking I'd get a new one) until I was sitting at my new house with back pain (after moving a bunch of stuff) and asked myself Drewski, what the heck are you doing?  24 hours and a moving company later, it was sitting in my new garage.  True, I had to rent a crane to get it installed in my new back yard but, gosh, what price can be put on comfort?

Anyway, what I like best about the Piper Glen (for people who haven't seen it check the link at the bottom of this post) is that is seats 4 people VERY comfortably (lots of room) and offers each seat full therapy 100% of the time.  I "soak tested" more than 15 tubs in 1999 and, at the time, none was better.  True, it might not have underwater stereo, home theatre, etc., BUT it does have what MATTERS -- hot water, lots of strong jets, different therapy seats, ROOM and, oh yeah, STRONG foot jets.  Oh, by the way, the wireless remote control is a GREAT feature!  It REALLY freaks my friends out.  

Over the past 5 years I've only had a few problems, all of which were covered by warrantee and never cost me a dime.

I would, without hesitation, buy another Piper Glen and not even think about it (and no, I'm not a dealer).

Hope that answers your question!

:D  

http://www.artesianspas.com/showroom/platinum/piper.asp
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2004, 10:40:32 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42