What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Recommendation for small hot tub  (Read 2388 times)

falcorpuff

Recommendation for small hot tub
« on: April 04, 2017, 12:30:33 pm »
Hi all,
My wife and I are looking for recommendations for a smaller sized hot tub. This will be our first hot tub purchase, and we live in the Washington, DC metro area (if that matters). Our general criteria:

1) We are looking for a comfortable 2 person tub, but with enough capacity to have an "intimate" 4 person group with friends.

2) Exterior size should be no larger than approx. 6'-6" by 5'-8" (ideal size around 6'-4" by 5'-6"). We took a look at a Freeflow Cascina model, and the size looked about right.  200-240 gallons seems to be generally in the ballpark.

3) Must be 110V/20A service, and energy efficiency is valued.

4) Would like the most reliable and cost-efficient manufacturer and model. I would prefer simplicity, ease of operation and energy efficiency. Initial costs are less important. We understand that vendor service can be key in this topic.

5) We mostly value the experience of soaking in hot water outside in our small patio.  Jets are less of a priority, though they are very nice.  We imagine something that is no-frills and simple.

6) Are there any details we haven't considered that are important?

We appreciate any help and advice from the community, thank you!

Hot Tub Forum

Recommendation for small hot tub
« on: April 04, 2017, 12:30:33 pm »

Beck0101

Re: Recommendation for small hot tub
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 05:29:57 pm »
When deciding on how much my tub would really get used by more than one or two people I strongly considered the Bullfrog A5.  I'm not sure it's up to holding 4 people but the size seemed very manageable overall.  If I were going to get a 2 person tub it would certainly be the A5...personally.

MarKee

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 07:03:09 pm »
The Marquis Spirit would be a perfect hot tub for what you're looking for.  It fits 2 comfortably, but room for up to 4.

Isaac-1

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 11:09:33 am »
The problem with small tubs is as you add more people you displace more and more water.  Not that this does not also happen with larger tubs, it is just you see it more with smaller tubs as it is a larger percentage of the water.  Also hot tub ratings are rather optimistic to begin with, so that by definition 4 people in a 4 person tub will be rather intimate, 4 people in a 3 person tub will be more like one of those clown car stunts.

Pers Onal

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 03:29:42 pm »
The problem with small tubs is as you add more people you displace more and more water.  Not that this does not also happen with larger tubs, it is just you see it more with smaller tubs as it is a larger percentage of the water.  Also hot tub ratings are rather optimistic to begin with, so that by definition 4 people in a 4 person tub will be rather intimate, 4 people in a 3 person tub will be more like one of those clown car stunts.

This guy gets it.

I have had a 5 seat tub for close to twenty years. It is not really comfortable with four people, three could be comfortable and it is a great tub for two people. It measures 6'6" by 6'6" and IIRC was rated for 275 gal.

Plus, even with that size tub, if you have the water level right for two people, when you immerse two more people in it the water level is too high.

These things are a lot like boats. They start getting smaller and smaller when you take them off the showroom floor.

I think the water makes them shrink.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 03:29:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42