What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Should I buy a Master Spa Legend 66T9 Used Tub?  (Read 6113 times)

aarron

Should I buy a Master Spa Legend 66T9 Used Tub?
« on: March 30, 2017, 09:10:00 pm »
I have been looking for a used or low end new tub for a few weeks now and just came across this.  I would love to hear some educated opinions.  Seller says the tub is only 3 years old but has been sitting unconnected for the last several months.  I know this is a no-no, but its only $700. So... thoughts?  I am assuming If she could connect and fill she would have.  Is it crazy to buy this tub without seeing it run, even for such a good price?  Attached the link:

https://nashville.craigslist.org/for/6066012328.html

Hot Tub Forum

Should I buy a Master Spa Legend 66T9 Used Tub?
« on: March 30, 2017, 09:10:00 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Should I buy a Master Spa Legend 66T9 Used Tub?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 10:42:18 pm »
 Some concerns are the base under the spa looks pretty rotten, could have crept up into the actual base of the spa, the cover looks like it will need to be replaced soon.  Crap shoot on if it will run or not or leak until you hook it up.   Good news I don't know if Nashville got freezing weather or not, so you might be good on that.   

I would say go look at it, open the front panel and see what is or isn't there and look under the cover as well.   Offer 350 or 400 see if he takes it.   700 on a chance it will run and his word is a tough one!   If enough people have looked at it and passed he may take the low offer. 

Worse case you get it for 400 hook it up, fill it and it doesn't run could mean some dollars it it does run and holds water you got lucky.

You have to go with your gut on this one! 

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 10:56:01 pm »
How long has it been on craigslist for?  Bottom does look rotten. I'm with Jim offer a few hundred dollars

aarron

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 11:17:03 pm »
It was just posted yesterday. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 06:44:36 pm »
Aaron do you think you can work on it yourself? If so it is a inexpensive way to see if you will use it enough to justify a better one. Offer less if you can move it yourself, set it and fix it.
Retired

aarron

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 08:04:53 pm »
I don't think I can. Feeling like I need to pass on that one. She originally said 3 yrs but meant she had it for 3, after buying used.  However I also came across a Viking Destiny River which looks to be in great condition for 1800. It's a 2013. Anyone had experience with this tub?

aarron

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 09:59:33 pm »
So she dropped it to 500 and is desperate due to a move. Going to look at it tomorrow. She said it worked great last time she used it almost a yr ago. No leaks or issues. Looks to be 10 yr old.  What should I look for and what is the worst case senario repair wise?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2017, 06:32:23 am »
So she dropped it to 500 and is desperate due to a move. Going to look at it tomorrow. She said it worked great last time she used it almost a yr ago. No leaks or issues. Looks to be 10 yr old.  What should I look for and what is the worst case senario repair wise?

The frame, base, structure and shell have to be in good shape.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2017, 06:32:23 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42