What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: pricing question - good deal or not?  (Read 3592 times)

dru

pricing question - good deal or not?
« on: March 28, 2017, 05:08:03 pm »
Just looking for input on pricing.  I'm in Northern VA (Washington, DC Metro area).

Our current top contender is a 2016 floor model Dimension One Chairman for $11,995 with 24 months financing at 0%

We are also still considering a new 2017 Artesian Grand Bahama Elite for $9975 (we can get 12 months at 0% on this but he didn't offer any additional discount if we didn't use the financing)

Both of these prices include the steps, cover, cover lifter, delivery, and starter chemicals (I think it is about 3 months worth of chemicals)

What does a Chairman typically sell for?

Are either of these a good deal?

Hot Tub Forum

pricing question - good deal or not?
« on: March 28, 2017, 05:08:03 pm »

The Wizard of Spas

Re: pricing question - good deal or not?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 05:38:08 pm »
I'd sell a Grand Bahama Elite w/all of those, plus DynaStar LED, ozone, and an 18" TranquilFall for 9695 *but* there is a freight difference (I'm probably half the distance than your dealer, so that may be why we are in different places price-wise).  For what any of that is worth...

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 06:02:41 pm »
Just looking for input on pricing.  I'm in Northern VA (Washington, DC Metro area).

Our current top contender is a 2016 floor model Dimension One Chairman for $11,995 with 24 months financing at 0%

We are also still considering a new 2017 Artesian Grand Bahama Elite for $9975 (we can get 12 months at 0% on this but he didn't offer any additional discount if we didn't use the financing)

Both of these prices include the steps, cover, cover lifter, delivery, and starter chemicals (I think it is about 3 months worth of chemicals)

Artisan makes a fine product but I would take that Chairman if you could get a better deal on it? Have you sat in either? The Chairman is very powerful. I had an old one for several months that was almost too powerful. Maybe Iv'e been out of the market for a while but isn't that a 9,000 dollar tub? I remember 8 for a Chairman.

I don't think we have any D1 dealers cruizin this forum to confirm but seems you can't get as much tub now for 10g's......And aren't they now built where labor is cheaper? Where is Artisan made?
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 07:37:40 pm »

Artisan makes a fine product but I would take that Chairman if you could get a better deal on it? Have you sat in either? The Chairman is very powerful. I had an old one for several months that was almost too powerful. Maybe Iv'e been out of the market for a while but isn't that a 9,000 dollar tub? I remember 8 for a Chairman.

I don't think we have any D1 dealers cruizin this forum to confirm but seems you can't get as much tub now for 10g's......And aren't they now built where labor is cheaper? Where is Artisan made?

Artesian is US, D-1 is south of the border. D-1 was in not too long ago trying to sign me as a dealer. That tub would be close to 10k but they have a lot of options that can make it higher priced. Terracina skirting, spa connect, Audio and I think they have different lighting packages that can drive the price up. To the OP are you looking at the dealer in Manaases, Virginia?  They are also a Marquis dealer and do good by their customers. Drew, Ryan or Greg would be the guys you would be dealing with. If you didn't do the 24 month financing were they offering any rebates?

dru

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 07:51:15 pm »
The D1 Chairman that I'm looking at doesn't have audio, wifi, or bluetooth.  It has LED lights that change colors and a water feature fountain type thing. It didn't have stainless steel jets.  It was the floor model but never had water in it until we tested it.  It had a clear panel on the side to show what was behind the skirting (pump, plumbing) so I think it's been on their floor for awhile.

They didn't qoute a lower price without financing. It is at the shop in Manassas. I had been talking to Ryan but he wasn't there the day we did the wet test of the Chairman.

dru

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 08:11:15 pm »
After deciding against the Caldera Cantabria, partially due to not being able to get a better price than $13,800, I just got an email with an offer of $12,200 (including steps, cover, cover lifter, delivery, starter chemicals) with 36 months at 0%.

I'm new to this game and not sure how this works but I've seen other people say that threatening to walk is the way to get a better price.  Should I just tell the guys with the D1 that I'm going with that deal (or just tell them I think their price  I is too high) and see if they come back with a better price?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 08:45:22 pm »
After deciding against the Caldera Cantabria, partially due to not being able to get a better price than $13,800, I just got an email with an offer of $12,200 (including steps, cover, cover lifter, delivery, starter chemicals) with 36 months at 0%.

I'm new to this game and not sure how this works but I've seen other people say that threatening to walk is the way to get a better price.  Should I just tell the guys with the D1 that I'm going with that deal (or just tell them I think their price  I is too high) and see if they come back with a better price?

Tell them you have a better price from the competitor that meets your needs, unless they have a sale or something.
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 09:17:52 pm »

Go with the tub that fits your needs the best. Did you buy the chairman yet?  If the chairman fits you better go with that, if the caldera works for you better get that. If you haven't bought the chairman yet try to negotiate a better price

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 09:47:20 pm »
Just out of curiosity did you try any of the marquis tubs while you were at the D-1 dealership?  They are another very powerful tub

dru

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2017, 10:40:00 pm »
We tried 2 Marquis tubs (I can't actually remember which models) and we didn't dislike them but we weren't in love with either one.  There were some odd things about not being able to use all of the jets in the lounge at the same time that we weren't happy with.

We have done a lot of wet testing and the ones we liked best were the D1 Chairman, Artesian Grand Bahama Elite and Caldera Cantabria. 

We liked Jacuzzi, Marquis, and Tropic Seas but weren't on love with those.  We didn't like any of the Hot Springs, Sundance, or Bahama Spas we tried (all were wet tested).  Bullfrog is too far away for us to really consider.

I'm reasonably certain we've got a good price for the Cantabria ($12200) and I think that the Grand Bahama Elite for $9500 is at least reasonable but it sounds like I should really week on getting the price down on the Chairman if I want to go with that one. 

I'm still really turn between those 3.  I think my husband and son are leaning more toward the D1.  Can anyone give me a general idea as to what price I should be aiming for on the D1?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2017, 10:54:57 pm »
We tried 2 Marquis tubs (I can't actually remember which models) and we didn't dislike them but we weren't in love with either one.  There were some odd things about not being able to use all of the jets in the lounge at the same time that we weren't happy with.

We have done a lot of wet testing and the ones we liked best were the D1 Chairman, Artesian Grand Bahama Elite and Caldera Cantabria. 

We liked Jacuzzi, Marquis, and Tropic Seas but weren't on love with those.  We didn't like any of the Hot Springs, Sundance, or Bahama Spas we tried (all were wet tested).  Bullfrog is too far away for us to really consider.

I'm reasonably certain we've got a good price for the Cantabria ($12200) and I think that the Grand Bahama Elite for $9500 is at least reasonable but it sounds like I should really week on getting the price down on the Chairman if I want to go with that one. 

I'm still really turn between those 3.  I think my husband and son are leaning more toward the D1.  Can anyone give me a general idea as to what price I should be aiming for on the D1?

That answer I don't have for you because I can't remember there exact pricing. For what it's worth I did text Ryan tonight and let him know you do have some concerns with the price. Contact him and see what they can do. I've known him for a long time and he is a very knowledgeable dealer who goes out of his way to help his customers. I do know the price on the Cantabria is very good. I have no idea on artesian. Whichever way you go good luck!

dru

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2017, 11:29:14 pm »
Thanks for your help Hottubguy. 

It's a huge purchase, both in terms of the amount of money and the length of time we'll be living with whichever one we choose, and I'm just trying to get the right balance on all of the variables. I know that which tub we liked the best matters the most but we narrowed it down to these 3 and felt like we would be perfectly happy with any of those, so that's when it started to be about the dealer and the deal.

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2017, 11:48:14 am »
You're so close on pricing, in a relative manner, that you really should go with what feels the best, as others have mentioned.  Any tub over $9k is going to be able to perform and be of quality.  So make comfort #1, Dealer reputation #2 and price #3, since you can afford it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2017, 11:48:14 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42