What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The Eagle (Cameo) Has Landed!  (Read 6926 times)

Netnutty

The Eagle (Cameo) Has Landed!
« on: August 04, 2004, 03:24:31 pm »
My new Sundance Cameo just arrived 2 hours ago.

I left work, went home and took digital pictures of the whole affair including the crane lifting the spa over the garage.

The entire thing from start to finish was less than two hours. That included filling the tub and starting it up. Everything went flawlessly.

It's heating now and they told me I can use it in about 4 hours - which happens to be exactly when I get home from work!

I'm ready to go :D

I'll try to post pictures tomorrow. I need to review past posts here to figure out how to do it.

Netnutty

Hot Tub Forum

The Eagle (Cameo) Has Landed!
« on: August 04, 2004, 03:24:31 pm »

knowsabit

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: The Eagle (Cameo) Has Landed!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 03:59:30 pm »
I've used that spa, a good friend has it.  you'll love it, the jets have a great deal of power.

sobe

• Sundance optima owner
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 06:15:28 pm »
Congrats!
Let us know of the first SOAK. Just curious, did you have the wiring pre done or was the electrician present during delivery.

pafoster62

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 06:41:00 pm »
spa envy!! again!! congrats

Netnutty

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2004, 07:00:35 pm »
Sobe,

I had the electrician rough in all but the final connection a couple of weeks ago.

The delivery guy from my dealer co-ordinated today, having the spa, the crane, and the electrician all show up @ 10 AM.

After they laid the spa on the pad the electrician made the final connection to the spa while the delivery/setup guys installed the coverlifter and ozone system. The electrician finished the final connections to the spa in about 1/2 hour.

He left and the other guys filled the spa (2 hoses) and got the spa started and went over the operation of everything with me and then we discussed the start up chemicals.

I was amazed that from the time that they arrived to the time the last guy left it was just over 1 hour and 45 minutes.

Netnutty

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2004, 07:07:58 am »
See, crane deliveries can be good!!!  ;D

May you always have hot, bubbly water!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2004, 08:03:16 am »
I'll try to post pictures tomorrow. I need to review past posts here to figure out how to do it.

Netnutty

You need to put them on a website and reference that website in your post.  Let me know if you have no place to put them, I can put them up for 30 days on one of my sites.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2004, 09:35:03 am »
Congratulations. I too had the same pleasurable experience in my delivery and have now spent the best summer soaking in my tub.  Enjoy the warm water.

UnderTheStars

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2004, 11:06:49 pm »
Congrats Netnutty!  You were a day ahead of me (delivered yesterday, electric today, first soak tonight.)  It's great isn't it?  Enjoy that Cameo!

Netnutty

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2004, 01:07:36 pm »
Well, the wife and I have had two soaks now. It's been great!

The best part for us is the 3 foot massagers. We crank it so we have full power to them for 5-10 minutes and get a great foot massage.

Then we adjust the diverters so that we can move to other positions in the tub and get a variety of therapy.

I tend to move around a lot and the Cameo gives me a variety of seat configurations which is perfect for us.

We tried the LED lights last night and they were fantastic! I'm sure glad we got those. I highly recommend them.

I'll post some delivery pics once I can download my camera. My home computer is dead and this one (work) runs NT, which means I don't have a USB port which I could use to hook the up camera to download the pics.

Now I just need to read up on the chemicals. We got a Baqua starter kit and I'm not familiar with it.

Netnutty

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2004, 01:46:56 pm »
Baqua is very easy to use.  Since you already added your startup chemicals, it's just a matter of following the weekly maintenance instructions.  Just add your waterline control and shock, run the pumps 15 minutes and test with the strips, and add sanitizer if necessary.
You may also need to adjust PH, alkalinity, or hardness depending on the results of your test.

One tip, you will use shock at about double the rate you use waterline control, so consider buying 2 bottles of shock to minimize runs back to the spa store.

Brewman

Brewman

Netnutty

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2004, 04:16:48 pm »
Brewman, Thanks for the help. It saved me from digging in the archives here.

Netnutty

NittroT

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2004, 09:45:54 pm »
Congrats on the Cameo. What colors did you get? I just ordered the Platinum with coastal cabinet.

pafoster62

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2004, 10:09:01 pm »
ooooooooooooohhh i am so happy for you!!!! :) did you get a good deal?? this is the tub we are striving for!!!

Constance

• I love my Bahia
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2004, 10:18:02 pm »
I too am wondering the approx cost.  I priced an Optima for $8300, but wondered what the Cameo was since it has the lounger.  I'm assuming your Cameo is a Sundance??  I've not heard of the Eagle brand.
Connie

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2004, 10:18:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42