What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Replacement cover leak  (Read 1945 times)

mpkelley20

Replacement cover leak
« on: April 03, 2017, 08:27:18 am »
My original cover for my Marquis Promise had some pretty noticeable heat loss coming out of it.  I posted about this before.  My dealer is awesome and reached out to Marquis about this as well as the cover company.  They agreed to replace it based on video I took of the steam coming out with the cover closed.  My dealer had come out to try and fix as well but couldn't.  So I got my new replacement cover this weekend and put it on yesterday.  This morning I went out to put my chemicals in and noticed the new cover is doing the same thing, only worse it seems. 

I contacted my dealer (Hottubguy) this morning and sent him the below video.  I would appreciate it if anyone can comment and let me know if their tub does this.  To me, this is significant heat loss which translates to energy costs.  I know in my prior thread someone mentioned adding one of those floating bubble covers on the surface which would help but I find it hard to believe that I would need to do that on a hot tub made in 2016!

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMekvIyoBdY

Hot Tub Forum

Replacement cover leak
« on: April 03, 2017, 08:27:18 am »

mpkelley20

Re: Replacement cover leak
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 11:15:57 am »
May have figured out the issue with the new one.  This cover is much tighter than my first one.  The center flap on one side pushes the cover up so it won't sit flush on the tub.  It takes a firm push to really get it to close near the center of the cover where it folds.  The last cover fell into place without the need to push down but it still leaked hot air right at the center flap.  Hoping the tighter fit of this cover is truly making an air tight seal.  Will be able to check in the morning when the cooler air comes back.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Replacement cover leak
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 11:15:57 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42