What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2008 Maxxus "AquaTerrac" light planel doesn't work  (Read 2632 times)

Smoke_1

2008 Maxxus "AquaTerrac" light planel doesn't work
« on: March 18, 2017, 06:26:28 pm »
Hi all,
We purchased a used 2008 Sundance Maxxus. Really like the tub. The problem is the "Aqua Terrace panel" doesn't work at all. I had some side panels off to replace a temp sensor when I noticed the panel isn't plugged into anything. I'm wondering where it's supposed to be plugged in and why someone would unplug it. I bought a replacement panel before I found the hanging plug. Hope you can help.

Thanks in advance,
John

Hot Tub Forum

2008 Maxxus "AquaTerrac" light planel doesn't work
« on: March 18, 2017, 06:26:28 pm »

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
Re: 2008 Maxxus "AquaTerrac" light planel doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 08:47:44 am »
There is a light control unit inside the equipment bay.  I believe on the right side, but I know they have move it around a few times.  It should be a blue or black box with ribbon cables going to it. 

Smoke_1

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 01:02:36 pm »
Thanks for the reply SergicalStrike, I found the light control unit (it's blue). I was wondering if you know which plug the controller would plug into. I thought maybe the "different" one, but they seem to be the same with the exception of 1 being yellow. Most are not labeled. There are 3 at the top of the unit that I think are for the music add on (don't have that). I was hoping someone would have a picture or a diagram.
Thanks,
John

SerjicalStrike

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 08:33:37 am »
The connector that plugs into the yellow one is the light panel.

Smoke_1

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 12:44:53 pm »
Thanks SerjicalStrike, That's what I was hoping for. I didn't want to start trying different plug-ins and hope I didn't short something out. It seemed strange that the original owners would have unplugged the "secondary" (for lack of a better term) control panel. Just to be sure, by light panel you are referring to is the "secondary" panel located at the opposite end from the main panel, right?
Thanks for your help. Sorry to be such a pain.
Thanks again,
John

SerjicalStrike

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 01:16:29 pm »
Yes, the smaller panel. 

Smoke_1

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 03:29:10 pm »
Awesome. Thanks SerjicalStrike. I wonder why they unplugged the original unit. I guess it could go bad, but it seems odd that they just unplugged it and left it.
Thanks again,
John

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 05:46:49 pm »
Awesome. Thanks SerjicalStrike. I wonder why they unplugged the original unit. I guess it could go bad, but it seems odd that they just unplugged it and left it.
Thanks again,
John

If it went bad it could effect the operation of the tub. A work around would be to unplug it.
Retired

Smoke_1

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2017, 11:30:30 am »
Thanks Tman122, that's kid of what I was thinking. I am a bit nervous about plugging the old unit back in. Don't really want to blow anything up. haha.
Thanks again,
John

SerjicalStrike

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 09:05:29 am »
It won't hurt to plug it in.  The only thing that might mess up will be the lights, and if so, you can just unplug it again.  Definitely worth a shot in case it does work though

Smoke_1

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 04:19:35 pm »
Thanks SerjicalStrike, that's what I was hoping. Of course it's been raining all week, so I'm hoping for a bit of a break this weekend. As long as the old one is attached and wired, it seemed like a fair idea to at least try it out. I just didn't want to blow up the lights and then have more to fix, simply because I was being cheap.  ::). I'll post back on the results. Thanks again for the help (both of you).
John

Smoke_1

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2017, 02:13:09 pm »
Sorry it took so long to update the situation. I finally had a moment to work on the tub (during my first "drain and re-fill" operation). Before I tried the new unit, I thought I would at least try and plug in the old one. I plugged it in and nothing happened. I was getting up to go grab the new unit when I noticed (slow, I know  ::)) that the plug from the controller was different than the plugs for the lights themselves. They can only be plugged in 1 way, but the controller has a flat plug, so I turned it over and it worked. Still not sure why someone would have unplugged it, but at least it works. Thanks all for the help.
John

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2017, 02:13:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42