What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ordered Hot tub today! But have question about sta  (Read 4751 times)

TALKCalgary.com

Ordered Hot tub today! But have question about sta
« on: August 07, 2004, 08:02:16 pm »
Well after weeks of wet testing. Not to mention debating the pros and cons of insulation techniques, I ordered a Beachcomber 750LE today. If anyone is interested I will post my full reasons for choosing Beachcomber in the next few days. However in the meantime I do have one slight concern.

Our spa is going to be placed on a large concrete patio at the rear of our house. Problem is this patio is perfectly flat and as such is subject to standing water after a rain storm. Is this going to cause a problem with water rotting the base of our new tub, or even getting to the full foam insulation inside?   Would it be worth my time buying a base to place the tub on?

Hot Tub Forum

Ordered Hot tub today! But have question about sta
« on: August 07, 2004, 08:02:16 pm »

kvnlaw

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Ordered Hot tub today! But have question about
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2004, 08:08:00 pm »
Put the tub on a base. Simple solution is to go to your local hardware stoer and buy some patio stations for a base. Will get the spa off the ground and prevent wood rot. If the base has a good seal the foam won't absorb water but even pressured treated wood has it's limits. Keep the base dry.

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2004, 08:27:26 pm »
Whats 'patio stations for a base'?

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2004, 08:56:01 pm »
First off, congrats on one of the nicest tubs available! This machine has everything and I wish you and your family many years of enjoyment with it. Did I mention the Flames still suck!  ;D   anyway...

Every platform is level or close to. The base of your new tub is pressure treated 2X4 and it designed to prevent rot like any quality decking material. An added base would be somewhat redundant.

What color did you go with?

Steve

kvnlaw

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2004, 09:24:33 pm »
I meant patio stones. Have you bought a tub yet?

TALKCalgary.com

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2004, 12:07:32 am »
First off, congrats on one of the nicest tubs available! This machine has everything and I wish you and your family many years of enjoyment with it. Did I mention the Flames still suck!  ;D   anyway...

Every platform is level or close to. The base of your new tub is pressure treated 2X4 and it designed to prevent rot like any quality decking material. An added base would be somewhat redundant.

What color did you go with?

Steve

Hi Steve

The shell is mahogany with a real redwood case, topped of with a tan cover. But, if it looks awesome it's down to my wife who chose the color scheme :-) As for the workings under the hood, on your advice I went for the LE package. I also added an air pump (otherwise the turbo button would have nothing to do) , and the grossly over priced garden lights. Actually, I had intended to install my own lights around the case. Of course, this being a full foam design I guess it would have been a bit tricky:-) The one thing I decided NOT to go with was an ozonation system.  

Steve
Go Flames Go

greg_s

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2004, 12:02:03 pm »
You bought a great tub. I've been lurking on here for a few weeks . Steve and Chas thanks! I bought a 720. It was shipped in the wrong color. After having it for a few days. We decided we needed the bigger 730. Our dealer and Beachcomber gave us a discount on the 730 for our troubles and it will be here in 3 weeks.

My wife and I had a much better experience buying this because of this site! :)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2004, 12:34:42 pm »
Welcome lurker Greg! ;)

The 730 is awsome and I love the size and depth of the seating of that spa. Enjoy it!

Steve

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2004, 04:25:07 pm »
Congrats to both!!

May you all always have hot, bubbly water!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2004, 02:24:55 am »
Congratualtions Steve (TalkCalgary) your have made a great choice.

I like the Idea of paver stones on top the cement.  That way no water will sit directly under the tub.  Thats what we did on ours.

Go Canuks Go.  he he

« Last Edit: August 09, 2004, 02:27:24 am by ZzTop »

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2004, 02:28:00 am »
Congratulations Greg.

Beachcomber is a great product.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2004, 02:28:57 am by ZzTop »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2004, 07:39:06 am »
You mentioned standing water after a rain storm. For how long? If you are at the bottom of a hill and in a depression and a foot of water stands for days, then I would worry.   If the water is gone an hour after the storm is over, I wouldn't worry about it.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2004, 07:39:06 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42