What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: a bit off advice about bromine  (Read 1701 times)

andyp

a bit off advice about bromine
« on: March 12, 2017, 11:04:55 am »
hi all,
just after a bit of advice about bromine, ive had a tub for about a year, changed water about 4 weeks ago, ive just tested the water and showed very low bromine, I used a floater with tablets in but my girls forgot to put this back in, so I done a shock with granules, but the water turn a funky green shade as soon as put the dissolved bromine went in, so I'm asking is there a shelf life on bromine, did I use to much bromine and is it normal for the water to turn green as soon as chemical's added.
many thanks
Andy 

Hot Tub Forum

a bit off advice about bromine
« on: March 12, 2017, 11:04:55 am »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: a bit off advice about bromine
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 04:03:24 pm »
hi all,
just after a bit of advice about bromine, ive had a tub for about a year, changed water about 4 weeks ago, ive just tested the water and showed very low bromine, I used a floater with tablets in but my girls forgot to put this back in, so I done a shock with granules, but the water turn a funky green shade as soon as put the dissolved bromine went in, so I'm asking is there a shelf life on bromine, did I use to much bromine and is it normal for the water to turn green as soon as chemical's added.
many thanks
Andy

I've never seen the green thing but also struggled with bromine in the 2-3 years I used it. Leaving the floater out for how long? Is likely part of the cause unless your girls were filthy, then that is your problem. Give it some time and see what it does. How much does it filter? Has the filter been cleaned? Do you have some MPS? (monopersulphate) spelling. What are your PH and Alk readings?
Retired

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 12:48:58 pm »
I've seen this with pools:  You shock it and it turns green.  All I do is follow up immediately with a double dose of shock and it goes away. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 12:48:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42