What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: EZ Pad?  (Read 2835 times)

schutawie

EZ Pad?
« on: August 05, 2004, 06:46:01 pm »
When I visited my Marquis dealer, she gave me information on an EZ Pad (www.ezpads.com).  It sure looks much easier and quicker to install than pouring a cement pad and it's much more portable, should we need to move our tub.  It's hard to believe that a 3" thick EPS plastic pad could support the weight of a filled hot tub.  Does anyone have any experience with the EZ Pad?  Would you recommend one?

Thanks,
Stacey

Hot Tub Forum

EZ Pad?
« on: August 05, 2004, 06:46:01 pm »

huh?

• "42"
Re: EZ Pad?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 06:52:47 pm »
I have a few customers that have opted for them.  Not much feedback.  Good theory, though.
¿

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 07:44:19 am »
They seem to perform as promised.  I helped install one.
Once the sub base is level, the pad itself is pretty easy to put in.  So far, with 2 Minnesota winters, the pad is in good condition, and show no signs of wear.  
It's made by the same company that makes the Rhino Liner spray in truck bed liner, which is a quality product.  
Since the pad is specifically made to suppost spas, I'd think that the pads ability to support the weight is a non issue.  
Brewman
Brewman

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 10:58:42 am »
My only weight concern would be with the size of the tub.  For example, my Hot Springs dealer said that almost all of their tubs could be shimmed if need be to make it level (if the customer didn't have a level surface) *except* the grandee, which could not be shimmed.

The pads might be fine for most tubs, but every once in a while those 6000lb + tubs might be too much.  I don't know that they are, just guessing.  My Hot Springs dealer sells the ez-pad (or something just like it??)  but said that the grandee had to go on concrete or supported decking, no exceptions.

-Ed

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 10:58:42 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42