What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Re: searching for spa for 6 months  (Read 10077 times)

IonHeaven

IRe: searching for spa for 6 months
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2004, 10:19:31 am »
Oceanboyzz,

I too have been seaching for a spa for months, and under great pysical and emotional duress as well. I must say it has been a very tough road for me with dealers in my area. My previous post, 'dealers not helping me buy a hot tub', covers only a half of what seems like an unending saga.

However, if it wasn't for the buyers and dealers on this board, I think I would be hibernating by now, unable to face yet another dealer.

My quest has nearly ended with a final soak scheduled in the spa I planned to buy on Saturday at a dealership 2 hours away. We are spending more than we had originally planned, but with confidence that the spa will last us a long time without problems. Even though we had to travel so far, the trust in my dealer if we have problems has taken a great burden off my shoulders for the future.

When my tub gets here, all I'll have to do is soak and I know I'll have help from someone I trust if I need it.

I agree that once you get in your tub, whatever you buy, all this stress will melt away. My only point is that your not alone with having this whole hot tub thing turn into an ordeal and over the top stress when your hurting already. Believe me.

We will get through this and the tub WILL help keep us keep alive and sane!

IMO, the folks on this board really mean to help, just as I do as a fellow shopper. Sometimes they type a little harshly, and the dealers get heavy on their own products...but all in all you can learn a great deal.

Anyway, about the Bullfrog. I have never seen one but my Marquis dealer stopped selling them because he had to service them so much. I loved the Marquis tubs and found them to be very well made excellent therapy tubs with no bells and whistles to pay for. I would highly reccomend them and would probably be soaking in my yard in one by now if the dealer hadn't pushed the 'buy today or the price goes up tomorrow ' tactics. With the load I'm already under, the last thing I need is additional pressure from a hot tub dealer. Marquis also has a less expensive 'Everyday line' but I'm not sure if the models would be deep enough for you.

Anyway, just my thoughts as a fellow shopper. I truly hope your saga ends soon! Let us know.

I on Heaven

Hot Tub Forum

IRe: searching for spa for 6 months
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2004, 10:19:31 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: IRe: searching for spa for 6 months
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2004, 10:30:42 am »
Oceanboyzz,

IMO, the folks on this board really mean to help, just as I do as a fellow shopper. Sometimes they type a little harshly, and the dealers get heavy on their own products...but all in all you can learn a great deal.

Ion Heaven

Usually the original poster dictates the type of response they get.  Oceanboyzz set the original tone.  

Participating in these forums isn't for the sensitive or easily hurt.  Put on your asbestos underwear and jump in.
Brewman
Brewman

huh?

• "42"
Re: searching for spa for 6 months
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2004, 01:59:49 pm »
ok enough is enough

all i have to say to these people is
CALL COSTCO Customer Service

dont listen to me  
dont listen to the people saying its not true

if you even care to find out  

these dealers will say anything to get you to buy there product and that is a huge huge turn off.
ive been reading posts for months and have found that
to be true

Lets make a game of this...for $5 Can anyone find the contradiction in the above quote?
¿

Sun_Coast_Spa

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2004, 02:16:37 pm »
Is this guy nuts or what?To think Costco is going to warranty there tubs for life!!They even tell you not to call them,insted
call Jacuzzi direct for service.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2004, 02:18:05 pm »
What's really sad is that someone actually believes that Costco's satisfaction policy allows them an unlimited time span to return something.  
As Buggs Bunny says, "Sheesh, whatta maroon"
Brewman
Brewman

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2004, 02:19:50 pm »
Dear "huh?"

Please stop trying to make sense.  This forum is populated by nothing but dealers trying to sell their wares and posing as customers.  

Everyone knows that a hot tub is nothing more than a shell filled with hot water, a small electric heater, and a few pumps to push water out of the jets.

Companies like Sundance and Hot Spring make millions selling these things for $9-$10k.  Except that they also make $4k-$5k versions of their tubs, but oceanboy has seen through all of this.

He understands that at Costco they will service his tub for the next 55 years.  We've got someone who is on to all of our hot tub games.  Let's allow him a pass, we won't sucker this one.  Let him buy the costco hot tub and this forum will collectively try and trap the next, less savvy customer.

-Ed

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2004, 02:24:38 pm »
Okaaay,

But I JUST HATE IT when one gets away.

Brewman
Brewman

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2004, 03:01:08 pm »
Huh,

I think Ed was being facetious!!!

The brand you sell?  No, I don't believe I remember, I know you said at one point, but you seem to give logical and reasonable advice.  I, for one, am glad to see another dealer here who is level-headed and truly willing to help!!!

Glad to have you here!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2004, 03:10:37 pm »
Ed-

I have looked over your past posts and feel that you definately add something to this site.  If I took your post in a demeaning way and was incorrect...I sincerely appoligize for responding with sarcasm and hope you do not take insult to it...If I was right, all the same.  Thank you Ed and thank you Lori.

-Cheers

ps. I never mentioned which brand I sell.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2004, 03:11:35 pm by huh »
¿

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2004, 03:36:08 pm »
No. I was totally serious. For the price I spent on my grandee I could have bought 2 or 3 COSTCO tubs.  Then, I could have one at each temperature in which I enjoy soaking.  Maybe one at 96 degrees, one at 99 degrees, and then one at 102 degrees.

::)

No offense meant or taken.

-Ed

ps. Please stop trying to make sense of posts in this thread.  All sense went out the window given the first post.  :D

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2004, 04:41:01 pm »
wow - a lot of chatter about costco tubs, but nothin' from anyone who owns or has owned one...

That's because buying from Costco doesn't fit this forum's model; almost all of the members here are of the dealer model and they believe in that model. "Pay a bunch more for a premium dealer relationship because if you don't... yer screwed!."

Is the "dealer relationship" worth that extra cash? or does the one who paid for it have to justify it? That's for you and your pocketbook to decide.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2004, 04:45:32 pm by empolgation »
e

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2004, 05:01:07 pm »
The extra money is for the fact you're getting a better spa and you'll have a dealer there for your needs. There is nothing wrong with a Costco tub unless you want to convince yourself its just as good of a spa as the premium brands out there when in reality its really a budget spa. Dollar for dollar its fine as you certainly don't pay as much but if I'm going to buy a spa for relaxation and its going to serve my needs to the next 10-15 years I'm going to make sure I treat myself, but that’s nothing more than what works for me.

In my driveway I have a car that I bought last year new for $11k as it gave me what I wanted, a small 4-door commuter car with very few frills. Next to it is the $30k family van we bought a few months prior to that which is loaded with everything we wanted. Both were great buys for me and each serves its purpose. If I could have only had one vehicle I would have had to weigh my needs versus my desires and probably would have settled for something in between. A spa buyer has to decide what they need, what they want and what they're willing to spend.

BTW, anyone who thinks they're really getting a lifetime warranty on their spa can send me $10 and I'll promise to be their best friend for life.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2004, 05:17:40 pm »
Can you say "TROLL"?
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

rick

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2004, 06:17:28 pm »
Damm, I hope I never contract Lyme disease.  Look what it does to a person.  

Sorry oceanboy, a pun at your expense;  but you've done nothing but come off as a turd from the getgo and you expect advice and help?  

I think everyone agrees:   BUY THE COSTCO!!!!!

Turn it back in for your full refund when you tire of it.  
Let us all know how it goes.  

oceanboyzz

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2004, 06:26:57 pm »
i have deleted all my post
and hope I didnt bug anyone
with my questions

i took this board serious and
have became more stressed over the dealers posts
my original post was a question and nothing more.

lyme disease is a terrible disease  
and does affect my reasoning and ability
to make correct decisions  with the help of my
family and friends i will be in good hands.

thanks to the customers who were polite enough
to send a up beat post  you know what health
problems do to a person..
« Last Edit: August 05, 2004, 07:00:37 pm by oceanboyzz »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2004, 06:26:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42