What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: LIMELIGHT FLAIR HOT TUB ONLY (1) LIGHT WORKS  (Read 1967 times)

texassports1

LIMELIGHT FLAIR HOT TUB ONLY (1) LIGHT WORKS
« on: February 11, 2017, 04:20:07 pm »
I have a 2008 Limelight Hot Tub. (6) months after I bought it the lights went out. Dealer said it was a bad bulb. I bought some (expensive) bulbs and changed them out one at a time. Lights still didn't work. REP came out to look at it. Couldn't figure it out. Wanted me to replace my IQ2020 at a cost of $550. Said if that didn't work, I would just need to replace other items until the problem was solved. Did I mention that I'm paying for each (costly) item I replace? Yeah, about that. I told him to kick rocks. Lo and behold, about six months later, THE LIGHTS CAME ON! That lasted about a month. Since then, only (1) light has worked. Tub still works great, it's just that I am tired of having just the one light. Anyone have any suggestions?

Hot Tub Forum

LIMELIGHT FLAIR HOT TUB ONLY (1) LIGHT WORKS
« on: February 11, 2017, 04:20:07 pm »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: LIMELIGHT FLAIR HOT TUB ONLY (1) LIGHT WORKS
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 05:59:21 pm »
unfortunately what you are dealing with is a VERY common problem among early model Limelight spas (I believe '08 was the very first year of the Limelight collection) and I'm willing to bet 40-50% of them had light failures in those first years...obviously they talked IQ box, but did they mention replacing a fairly simple/fairly inexpensive LED controller? don't quote me but I believe they sold for around $180...if not then you could be looking at other more severe issues like an IQ box which as noted is expensive ($550 actually sounds cheap for that entire part + labor to install it) OR actually having to replace all the individual lights which for a tub of that age wouldn't make much sense in my humble opionion..good luck!

Hot Tub Forum

Re: LIMELIGHT FLAIR HOT TUB ONLY (1) LIGHT WORKS
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 05:59:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42