What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Howdy, new here  (Read 3765 times)

knowsabit

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Howdy, new here
« on: August 04, 2004, 03:13:31 pm »
Just checking in.

I own a dimension one chairman II that is the best spa that I have yet to own.  The previous spas that I've owned are as follows.

HotSprings - Vanguard and Grandee (both great!)
Sundance - Optima and Maxxus (liked the Optima more)
Dimension One - Nautilus (tons of room!)
Coast - Extreme (rediculous terrible spa, uncomfortable and the TV broke after 1.5 months)

I know that's a good many tubs for one person to have gone through but I move quite often and like the variety :).

The Chairman II just seems to fit my needs perfectly, the perfect combination of jet number, power and placement along with the most ergonomic seating that I have yet to experience.  This one will be goin with me the next time I move...

Hot Tub Forum

Howdy, new here
« on: August 04, 2004, 03:13:31 pm »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
Re: Howdy, new here
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 05:47:24 pm »
Great and welcome.  BTW, how 'bout writing a review in the Reviews section?  Happy tubbing!
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 06:18:59 pm »
I have owned over 2000 spas. Most of them were HotSpring, many were Coleman, Jacuzzi Whirlpool Bath, Aqua Liesure, Kohler, Santa Barbara, D1, Softub, AquaFlo, Hawkeye, Wildwater, Mr. Spa, Sundance, and a few others that I can't remember right now.

;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: August 04, 2004, 06:23:53 pm by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

sobe

• Sundance optima owner
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 06:19:19 pm »
Not to start a whole another big thing but did you prefer hot springs spas over the Sundance or viceversa.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2004, 06:24:23 pm »
I prefered the HotSpring. But they both make great tubs.   ;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2004, 02:59:12 am »
Just checking in.

I own a dimension one chairman II that is the best spa that I have yet to own.  The previous spas that I've owned are as follows.

HotSprings - Vanguard and Grandee (both great!)
Sundance - Optima and Maxxus (liked the Optima more)
Dimension One - Nautilus (tons of room!)
Coast - Extreme (rediculous terrible spa, uncomfortable and the TV broke after 1.5 months)

I know that's a good many tubs for one person to have gone through but I move quite often and like the variety :).

The Chairman II just seems to fit my needs perfectly, the perfect combination of jet number, power and placement along with the most ergonomic seating that I have yet to experience.  This one will be goin with me the next time I move...

Is this the order you owned them in?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2004, 09:53:41 am »
Good grief. Part of me is envious the other part is sick about the thought of moving that much.

That being said. I agree with surfdog. Posting a review or comparitive analysis of your experience with these tubs would be wonderful.

I'm also curious. did you purchase each of these or did they come with the house that you had moved into? Also, did you vary the installation? Landscaping?  Was there lessons learned or key features that you liked best? or kept?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2004, 09:54:01 am by doodoo »

poolboy34

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2004, 02:26:37 pm »
Welcome to the board!!  It's great to see a D-1 spa owner chime in, b/c there is definitly a shortage of them on this board.

Jason,
Store manager for a D-1, Caldera, & Hawkeye Dealer

knowsabit

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2004, 04:10:49 pm »
Not to start a whole another big thing but did you prefer hot springs spas over the Sundance or viceversa.

preferred the optima's jetting, but "felt ???" that the Hot Springs were better engineered.  For long term ownership I think that I would go with Hot Springs.

knowsabit

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2004, 04:15:40 pm »

Is this the order you owned them in?

nope...

grandee
optima
vanguard
maxxus
nautilus
extreme
-from 1st to most recent

The grandee, and maxxus were at the homes when I purchased them. the other spas I purchased.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2004, 04:15:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42