What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Looking for quality Spa in OK  (Read 4241 times)

okspacpl

Looking for quality Spa in OK
« on: July 26, 2004, 05:22:01 pm »
We just moved here to OKC and we are being told that the only dealers in town here that sell national brand spas are Sundance (which we visited briefly and in 5 minutes I knew more about the product than the saleman did) and Marquis only has one tub and looks like he is closing out his lineup.  Hot Springs dealer went out of business 3 weeks ago.  And lastly L.A. Spa dealer exclusive seems like a nice guy to deal with but don't know anything about the brand and we are kind of weary about that.  

Any info would be helpful I will travel to Tulsa or Dallas even to look if they won't charge outrageously for delivery.

Hot Tub Forum

Looking for quality Spa in OK
« on: July 26, 2004, 05:22:01 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Looking for quality Spa in OK
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2004, 10:17:07 pm »
Just a thought, but if the new Rolls Royce dealer didn't know much about the car he was selling, would it make it a worse car?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

okspacpl

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 11:11:29 pm »
Oh I am not saying I am an expert by any means and I totally agree that Sundance is a Top brand spa!   I just find is troubling when someone pitches a product and when asked minor questions has to go and get someelse to answer them and they too aren't really helpful.  I am looking into a Sundance dealer in dallas hopefully if not closer but I don't know their zipcode so the website locator isnt of any use to me at this time.

I also came across Morgan and Superior spas any advice on those two?  Thanks for all the help this forum is by far the most informative I've come across in our quest for the perfect Spa

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2004, 07:29:14 am »
I am also in OKC!!!  I bought the HotSprings, they went out more than 3 weeks ago, but that is another story.  If you want to travel to Stillwater, then you can look at HotSpring and D1, although I tried to contact the D1 dealer and they would never return my phone calls.

I looked at the LA Spas and they were in my top 3.  Maybe the sales person is new?  I dealt with a lady named Gina (I believe, it has been a year ago).  She was very nice and filled with information.

The Sundance dealer is nice, as well, they just didn't seem to want my money!  They also had the Marquis tubs, but the guy I dealt with (the son-in-law of the owners) was the only tech and it took him a week to fix a leak in the Altamar on the showroom floor for me to wet test.  Now, if it took him a week to fix it on the floor, how long would I have to wait for him to come to my house?  He would not even discuss the Marquis tubs.  Said they had just taken on the line, and didn't like it as much as the Sundance (just what he told me).  I learned most of my information on Marquis from here, to be honest.

There is also Galaxy Distributing, on Reno, who are selling Catalina and Viking tubs.  Just saw one of their ads on TV.  He was closing out the HotSpring spas when I began my search and had just taken on Catalina.  He was a little curt (I'm being polite) when I phoned to ask about pricing and what his hours were.  I didn't look at the tubs at the time, but have been thinking about checking out the Catalina, just being curious.  Have heard some good things about the tubs.

I know a number of people who have Morgan spas, but I liked the "name" brands better.  They just looked, in my opinion, better.  Kind of hard to describe.

Also, Pleasant Pools have started carrying Bullfrog Spas.  Again, I have thought about stopping in and just having a look.  I saw them on-line last year during my search, and they looked interesting.

Superior seems to be ok.  When I went out there to look at the tubs, they were already closed, and since I don't get out to Memorial very often anymore, I just never went back.  Don't know much about them.

So, have I helped or hindered?  If you have any more questions, just let me know!!!

P.S.  Don't get used to these temps in July!!!  ;D
« Last Edit: July 27, 2004, 07:32:03 am by Lori »
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Gerrym

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2004, 08:10:20 am »
Just a thought, but if the new Rolls Royce dealer didn't know much about the car he was selling, would it make it a worse car?

Dr. Spa., I agree, it would not make it a worse car, but I WOULD find another Rolls Royce dealer who knows his business !

Gerry

IonHeaven

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2004, 07:20:19 pm »
I'm in a similar situation with a new dealer selling Beachcombers. Great guy, but it seems wierd that after 1 week on this forum I've learned more about beachcomber models and specs than he has over the past year?  Like the tub alot though! Marquis is my other choice, very knowledgeable dealer, but some info given seems questionalble. I hope you keep us posted on how your search goes. Thanks, IonHeaven

okspacpl

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2004, 02:51:49 pm »
Lori,

Thanks for the great info;  we went to galaxy and waited 40 minutes to get to test a spa and then the guy said he needed a contract guarantee before we could get in it; so we left

Bullfrog dealer had one tub filled we asked to wet test it and he said it would be $10 bucks a person, again if we didn't buy that day the tub was barely big enough for two people let alone 3; so we left.

Went back to the Sundance dealer he finally got an optima filled for us we showed up with our suits and he talked for 30 minutes before we asked to test it ; no luck there either said something about the chem weren't set right and it needed to sit some more; again we left

Tried to no avail to get ahold of the D1 dealer but phone calls weren't returned.

We are going to EmeraldSprings Monday.  So our search continues...

Ionhaven,

We would love to find a beachcomber dealer near us there is one in dallas we hope not to have to go that far for service though.  Have heard many good things about the tub but from our experience so far the Dealer makes all the difference in the world we are leaning towards buying a lesser brand from a reputable dealer instead of the top name one from a dealer that could care less about the customer.   Happy hunting!

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2004, 07:59:17 pm »
I am aghast!  I cannot believe they wanted to charge you $10 a head to wet test a spa!  

Regina at Emerald Springs (I actually remembered her name) was great to me.  They have Artesian as well as LA Spas.

I can't believe they weren't any more helpful at the Sundance dealer.  I don't know how they have stayed in business 30 years.  I guess the pool business is better here than I thought...lol!!!

Please, let me know how it goes at Emerald Springs.

I could never get the D1 people to call me back, either!

Sheesh, I can't believe it has become so hard, around here!

Good luck!  If I can be of any more help, please let me know!  Please keep me posted!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2004, 09:23:54 am »
Wow, what a hassle! Why not plan a family trip to Disneyland. While you are here, you could take a factory tour of at least a dozen tub makers, and wet test all day and most of the night with no appointments, no 'per head' charge, and with the only real hassle being the freeway.  ;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

okspacpl

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2004, 01:04:16 pm »
Chas,

We'd love to come and checkout Disneyland and buy from a reputable dealer;  if we ever get to Cali you're first on our list!!!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2004, 03:47:58 pm »
I just find is troubling when someone pitches a product and when asked minor questions has to go and get someelse to answer them

Sometimes, as I learned last night, that is better than making an answer up. If a salesperson doesn't know an answer I am impressed by getting the right answer and making sure they get it to the customer.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2004, 03:47:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42