What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Flo error, low speed of pump won't come on  (Read 17279 times)

Skelly81

Re: Flo error, low speed of pump won't come on
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2017, 09:20:31 am »
I am unable to test the pump with a meter during operation because the back of the pump is up against an unreachable area

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2017, 09:20:31 am »

Skelly81

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2017, 12:53:08 pm »
I located the jumpers and it looks like the 3rd one that is responsible for a single or dual pump is missing the cap. I'll try to pull a cap off of a computer hard drive and put it on to see if that fixes the problem

Skelly81

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2017, 03:11:38 pm »
Adding the jumper cap made no difference. I'll work on posting pictures of the pump wiring and specs in a minute.

Skelly81

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2017, 03:28:27 pm »
Here is a link to the pump pictures. Sorry for the string of posts, I'm just anxious to fix this.

https://postimg.org/gallery/r36umvdu/

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2017, 09:30:13 am »
Switch the red and black wire and see how it runs. 

If you get off -> nothing -> low speed, you have a bad relay on the board
if you get off -> high speed -> nothing, you have a bad motor

scoobywagon02

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2017, 10:29:00 am »
I would doubt it is the jumpers unless you have personally touched them or have reason to believe that someone else worked on this spa prior. They are tiny white switches on the bottom right corner of the box. They are so small you need your fingernail to switch them up and down so not something that can accidentally happen. The box should be a 55098 Balboa pack. If you look on the top right of the box there is a sticker that has the exact model number. If you call Balboa customer service they will walk you through jumper settings for your spa. I wouldn't waste time on that though. It sounds like you have just lost the low speed on the pump. Its not worth rebuilding in my opinion.

Skelly81

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2017, 10:42:28 am »
I will try that when I get home.
When I turn it on how it is I get Off -> high speed -> Off
Before when I switched the pump wires on the board I got Off -> low speed -> Off
It's not like I hit the button and it goes to nothing, the pump goes straight from on to off to on by only hitting the button twice. It acts like it is configured for a one speed pump.

Scoobywagon02, I have the jumpers correctly set up, and it's a gecko spa pack. The low speed on the pump does work when I switch it on the board

scoobywagon02

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2017, 11:12:05 am »
It is the blue Gecko pack? The one with color coded plugs?

Skelly81

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2017, 11:46:46 am »
Here is the link to the spa pack info. The pump has a red connector going into the spa pack, and I think the ozonator has a white connection but I have that detached since it's so old.
https://s30.postimg.org/kcf1ibqmp/IMG_0937.png

scoobywagon02

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2017, 12:06:39 pm »
Those older Gecko boxes are notorious for communication issues. The relay on the board could be shot which is not allowing the low speed to engage. Sometimes you can pull out the control board and check the soder points behind the relays to see if one is burnt out. Most of the gecko boxes do not sell just the motherboard you need replace the entire pack with heating element. Without being on site to test its difficult to say.

Skelly81

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2017, 01:21:57 pm »
I will also take a look at the back of the board. It would make sense if it was a relay because the low speed power spot on the circuit board is being completely skipped over.

Skelly81

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2017, 05:28:45 pm »
As for the results of switching the black and red wires on the pump, I got the same results as when I switched those wires on the circuit board... the pump could either be off or on low speed, again without an inactive speed. I guess that means it's a bad relay.
Another idea I had was that the topside control panel could be faulty causing no power going to the low speed pump output on the board. Not sure if that's a possibilty

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2017, 06:15:48 pm »
As for the results of switching the black and red wires on the pump, I got the same results as when I switched those wires on the circuit board... the pump could either be off or on low speed, again without an inactive speed. I guess that means it's a bad relay.
Another idea I had was that the topside control panel could be faulty causing no power going to the low speed pump output on the board. Not sure if that's a possibilty

Yes, the top side could also be bad. Techs carry a few spare working topsides to plug in and test. But it still could be the relay on the board.
Retired

Skelly81

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2017, 01:57:26 pm »
For a bad relay should I attempt to replace it or just replace the whole board?

Tomtopping

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2017, 05:47:33 pm »
Did you find out what the problem was i am having the same issue with a. Balboa vs300fl4 spa pack

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2017, 05:47:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42