What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs Envoy Cleaning Advice  (Read 4972 times)

cciesingh

Hot Springs Envoy Cleaning Advice
« on: January 20, 2017, 10:02:48 pm »
I have a 6 month Old Hot Springs Envoy NXT and I am very happy with it, I have some questions regarding cleaning and maintenance.

1. Clean Cycle - How often should you run it and should you run after adding chemicals
2. Chlorine - How often should you add the chlorine cleaning granules
3. Iodizer Moduule - How often should you replace this? 
4. Cleaning Materials - Where is the best / chepaest place to buy replacement items from?
5. Drain Water - How often should you drain the water completely?
6. Filters - how often should you typically clean them - I waited until the service light came on before cleaning them.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs Envoy Cleaning Advice
« on: January 20, 2017, 10:02:48 pm »

d00nut

Re: Hot Springs Envoy Cleaning Advice
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 12:08:52 am »
Hey there!  Congrats!

I have an Envoy (non-NXT) but same spa, so I will chime in:

1.  I run the clean cycle whenever you add anything to the water (any type of water care.)
2.  If you are using the Silver Ion (I am reading #3, and I assume you are) add Chlorine once a week, and MPS after you get out. 
3.  Whenever you drain the water which should be 4-6 months (unless you use ACE Salt, but that doesn't sound like it)
4.  What cleaning materials are you referring to?  I will use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to get the water line off from time to time ($1 anywhere) and use windex if it is dry to wipe out the inside.  Other than that, you really don't need anything.
5.  See above with Silver Ion
6.  It isn't a bad idea to rotate them since you have 5 in there.  That's what I do, then deep clean them in some kind of degreasing solution when you drain and refill the spa.

Happy Hot Tubbing!

cciesingh

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 12:04:30 pm »
Hi many thanks for your reply.

Some follow up questions:

1. Silver ION - how often should this be replaced?
2. MPS - This is a type of chlorine right? when should i add this?? Every time i get out after using the SPA?
3. Where is best place to buy Silver ION from and replacement chlorine
4. Do you use hot springs branded chemicals or recommend another brand?

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 12:36:11 pm »
Hi many thanks for your reply.

Some follow up questions:

1. Silver ION - how often should this be replaced? (Every 4 Months)
2. MPS - This is a type of chlorine right? when should i add this?? Every time i get out after using the SPA? (MPS/Shock is an oxidizer, you are using after each soak to oxidize the waste)
3. Where is best place to buy Silver ION from and replacement chlorine (local dealer, online, just google Hot Spring Nature 2 Cartridge)
4. Do you use hot springs branded chemicals or recommend another brand? (not required, there are many good brands, avoid Wal-Mart, Target, etc. chemicals...Leisure Time is a very common brand many retailers use)

d00nut

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 01:16:29 am »
My Bullfrog friend hit all the nails squarely on the head!

The brand of chemicals matters less than what the chemicals actually are.  If you don't bother reading the active ingredients, stick with what you know won't destroy your hot tub.  Like BullfrogSpasMN said, avoid the big box stores.

Calisoldier83

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 04:34:00 pm »
Hey there!  Congrats!

I have an Envoy (non-NXT) but same spa, so I will chime in:

1.  I run the clean cycle whenever you add anything to the water (any type of water care.)
2.  If you are using the Silver Ion (I am reading #3, and I assume you are) add Chlorine once a week, and MPS after you get out. 
3.  Whenever you drain the water which should be 4-6 months (unless you use ACE Salt, but that doesn't sound like it)
4.  What cleaning materials are you referring to?  I will use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to get the water line off from time to time ($1 anywhere) and use windex if it is dry to wipe out the inside.  Other than that, you really don't need anything.
5.  See above with Silver Ion
6.  It isn't a bad idea to rotate them since you have 5 in there.  That's what I do, then deep clean them in some kind of degreasing solution when you drain and refill the spa.

Happy Hot Tubbing!

How effective is the silver ion at killing bacteria? For me, if I didn't keep chlorine levels at 2ppm, I would get skin irritation with the method described above. I have to use chlorine after every use with a similar setup.

I don't have an ozone
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 04:39:10 pm by Calisoldier83 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 04:34:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42