What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Best Water Pump To Remove Water  (Read 4043 times)

rallyhottubs

Best Water Pump To Remove Water
« on: January 21, 2017, 11:27:31 am »
Hi!

Can anybody help with the best water pumps to use for removing water from the tub and directing it to the closest drain?

They don't seem expensive at all, less than $100 most of them on Amazon.

Our tubs capacity are less than 900 litres so retail models will do fine! Longevity and reliability are most important as they are for use for a rental business, therefore it could be getting used 6-7 times a weekend (hopefully anyway!)

Thanks in advance for your help!
Mike

« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 07:28:33 am by wmccall »

Hot Tub Forum

Best Water Pump To Remove Water
« on: January 21, 2017, 11:27:31 am »

wa2bzy

Re: Best Water Pump To Remove Water
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 12:02:14 pm »
We use a Pacific Hydrostar 1/6 hp submersible pump to empty our 400 gallon spa every 3 months for 2 years. No problems yet.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Retired

bud16415

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 12:32:03 pm »
I have a length of 2” flex pool hose and if you have sufficient drop to the drain you can siphon the water out with no pump. It takes me about 10 to 15 minutes to drain 350 gallons and then I use the shop vac to get the last couple inches out and to blow the water out of the pipes. I also have the spa drain connection piped to the waste and have that open also or in the winter I just use that and it takes a couple hours to drain. I was going to buy a pump but now I find no need for one. If you don’t have the drop though a pump is great.   

Water Boy

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 06:07:29 pm »
I have a length of 2” flex pool hose and if you have sufficient drop to the drain you can siphon the water out with no pump. It takes me about 10 to 15 minutes to drain 350 gallons and then I use the shop vac to get the last couple inches out and to blow the water out of the pipes. I also have the spa drain connection piped to the waste and have that open also or in the winter I just use that and it takes a couple hours to drain. I was going to buy a pump but now I find no need for one. If you don’t have the drop though a pump is great.   
I drain my this way as well, and it works great. You can also use the shop vac to start the suction to prime the hose, and then it will take off really fast.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

bud16415

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 07:11:10 am »
I drain my this way as well, and it works great. You can also use the shop vac to start the suction to prime the hose, and then it will take off really fast.

Great idea I will be trying that.

rallyhottubs

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 07:27:55 am »
Thanks a lot! I will be out shopping for both this weekend.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 07:27:55 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42