What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Used 2009 Tiger River Caspian - is $4k reasonable?  (Read 5729 times)

Oddpod11

Used 2009 Tiger River Caspian - is $4k reasonable?
« on: January 20, 2017, 02:43:01 pm »
Hey all,

I'm a first-time hot tub shopper.  There is a used 2009 Tiger River Caspian in my area (Montana) listed at $4,000.  It appears to have been cared for very well.

Is that a reasonable deal?  Should I try to bargain the price down a little?  Should I hire a professional inspect it before agreeing to buy?

Thanks for the advice!

Hot Tub Forum

Used 2009 Tiger River Caspian - is $4k reasonable?
« on: January 20, 2017, 02:43:01 pm »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Used 2009 Tiger River Caspian - is $4k reasonable?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 03:17:51 pm »
I haven't sold any used Hot Springs in a while but roughly speaking I would probably sell it at $3,995 with a new cover, delivery, steps, and water-care products included along with a 6 month warranty....of course I'm also a dealer, on strictly a private party to private party deal I personally wouldn't pay more than 3k...it'll need to be moved = $ it'll need a new cover = $ minor, but the pillows it's missing are $50 a piece if you want OEM, you'll also need the specialized GFI breaker box to go with it and of course you'll receive no warranty...I do agree though for being outside it does look like it was well taken care of....Good Luck in your search!

Beck0101

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 03:18:35 pm »
It does indeed look clean but that seems a little (or a lot) steep for an 8 year old tub.  I'm assuming you're going to be getting close to the end of useful life on things like pumps and heaters at that age.

I'd get quotes for a new heater and new pump(s) and reduce your $4k offer by that.  Around my area there are a lot of decent looking tubs that sell on craigslist for sub $2,000...

scoobywagon02

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 05:47:33 pm »
Looks like it is in good shape. It does have a covercradle which is a nice lifter in my opinion. I wouldn't pay more then $2500. I would consider replacing the ozonator as well if it has never been replaced. They are built like tanks though and I have seen them last a long time. Ask how old the cover is. Keep in mind if you need a new cover you will want to order it from a Hot Spring dealer. That cover lifter only works with OEM covers that have metal plates that the lifter arms mount to. Looks like you will need pillows too unless they have them somewhere else. You will definitely need a new filter so just keep the extra stuff in mind. Make sure to get the breaker too if you can.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 06:00:03 pm »
For that age 4 grand is to much.
Retired

Oddpod11

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 06:16:27 pm »
Thanks for all the information! I'll see if I can work the price down to a reasonable level or keep shopping around.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 06:16:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42